Brisbane Brewhouse Homebrew Comp

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like it has to be one of these styles:

Muchen Helle/Dunkel,
Oktoberfest/Marzen
German Pils
Dortmunder Export
Schwartzbier
Rauchbier
Vienna Lager
Bock

And its due by 17th nov, judged on 24th.

only $5 entry!

Im keen but there is not enough time i wish i knew about it earlier...

I don't spose i can squeeze a belgian wheat (hoegaarden) into any of these styles :(

I'm tempted to belt out a Schwartzbier, but time is very short :(

2L of the beer needs to be provided... WTF :eek:

:D
2 ltrs is a case of besotted judgeing Hic Hic.

Cheers Altstart

Welcome to the forum Brendan :icon_cheers:

Brendan is the head brewer at the Brew house in Brizzy.

cheers Ross

if id realised earlier i would have given it a crack but too late to brew now

Cheers Brendan - bit late for this years comp, but there's always next year ;)

I also think 2L is asking a bit much.

Why 2L brendan? unconventional for a homebrew comp.

Screwy

I decided to ask them via email about the 2L of beer, and got a reply today. This comes with a disclaimer that you can't blame me :ph34r: if you follow the below and are disqualified or marked down.

The reply I got was that that you should submit two (2) bottles of 1L or less per bottle. This is incase if one bottle is infected they can fall back onto the second and hope that isn't infected too. So two (2) 750ml bottles will cover it. This sounds a far better justification than just, 2L of beer.

I decided to ask them via email about the 2L of beer, and got a reply today. This comes with a disclaimer that you can't blame me :ph34r: if you follow the below and are disqualified or marked down.

The reply I got was that that you should submit two (2) bottles of 1L or less per bottle. This is incase if one bottle is infected they can fall back onto the second and hope that isn't infected too. So two (2) 750ml bottles will cover it. This sounds a far better justification than just, 2L of beer.

Yeah, 2 750ml bottles, i spoke to Grant (the owner) and told him that 2l is too much.

we'll take your entries.

Cheers, Brendan

looks like it has to be one of these styles:

Muchen Helle/Dunkel,
Oktoberfest/Marzen
German Pils
Dortmunder Export
Schwartzbier
Rauchbier
Vienna Lager
Bock

And its due by 17th nov, judged on 24th.

only $5 entry!

Im keen but there is not enough time i wish i knew about it earlier...

I don't spose i can squeeze a belgian wheat (hoegaarden) into any of these styles :(

I was thinking the same, I have some Trappist styles in bottles [only a few] and got all excited until I read this.
German Style Brew into this years’ Annual Brewhouse Homebrew Competition. :(

A welcome contribution to the world of beer, would fall foul of the Reinheitsgebot. Look what happened to Gose ? It's hard to find.

So who else entered some beers?

The guy behind the bar on Friday said judging is throughout the week and the winner will be announced at 2pm Saturday... may be worth rocking up for a few beers.

The guy behind the bar on Friday said judging is throughout the week and the winner will be announced at 2pm Saturday... may be worth rocking up for a few beers.

My mate Terry and I have entered a couple of pilseners and a marzen. Not all that hopeful but would be good to get some feedback. Not sure who is judging though.

Might see you there on Sat Jye.

Jimmy

Jye, I put a beer in......................told them that you had changed your mind about entering & just wanted them to give your beer to the last drunk to walk out last night! :p

Jye, I put a beer in......................told them that you had changed your mind about entering & just wanted them to give your beer to the last drunk to walk out last night! :p

Well at least all of my beer will be drunk :lol:

Back