Brisbane Brewers Big Brew Day Report

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dunkel_Boy said:
Mal got bought out by Brewer's Choice, apparently.
I rang up a few months ago and got Tony instead of Mal, which was a bit confused about, and he was very rude. So, WSHB has basically gone downhill. I don't have much luck with grains there, so I usually get them from ESB or GnG.
50kg of Joe White pilsener cost me $75, but Joe White is 15 minutes away from where I live, and that was through a craft brewer. I don't think I can personally repeat it, let alone for other people, unfortunately.
[post="52819"][/post]​

I am sorry to hear this, but this was what I expected. I can not understand why Joe White whose Headquarters was Brisbane sold his distribution right to Malt Craft whose headquarters are in sydney. According to Malt craft we now need to purchase Jow White grains from Sydney at a minimum of 15 bags to a pellet and pay freight on top as there is no duistribution point in Brisbane. Talking about closed shop. There is no competition...

But this does not help this thread regarding the big brew get together. I am sorry , I should have moved this to another thread.

cheers, :beer:
Keep on Brewin'

Tony at Brewers Choice can be surly, but he generally means well. His interpersonal skills need a little work though :( . Last I checked, he has plenty of grains, so I don't know why you would have no luck there, Peter.

Apart from brownie points from the missus, there is no cost associated with hosting a brew day. I held one last year and WSHB shouted the ingredients, and everyone brought their own food to chuck on the BBQ, so there was no cost involved. A great day was held by all!

Anyway, it's looking like either myself, or maybe Jgriffin will be available to host it (if we can get permission :unsure: ).

Cheers - Snow

Snow said:
Tony at Brewers Choice can be surly, but he generally means well. His interpersonal skills need a little work though :( . Last I checked, he has plenty of grains, so I don't know why you would have no luck there, Peter.

Apart from brownie points from the missus, there is no cost associated with hosting a brew day. I held one last year and WSHB shouted the ingredients, and everyone brought their own food to chuck on the BBQ, so there was no cost involved. A great day was held by all!

Anyway, it's looking like either myself, or maybe Jgriffin will be available to host it (if we can get permission :unsure: ).

Cheers - Snow
[post="52830"][/post]​

The no luck with the grains, that was probably a bit harsh. Fact is he hadn't heard of half of them, and didn't want to know the difference. Most shops are probably like this, so that was probably a bit misleading.
Mal on the other hand... :)

I'd certainly like to be involved - No problems hosting here as well if you like - but happy to fit in with whatever... :beer:

That is a bugger regarding grain :(

I might be able to make it down to Brissy for a Big Brew Day, will know closer to the date.

Latest posts

Back