Brisbane Brewday

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, the BABBs meeting this month clashes with another function, (and it was my turn to drive), so I won't be able to make it. Plus, it's only 2 days before the swap, so I'll see you all then anyway.

And just because, here's another one of Troy looking like a dick :)
View attachment 22585

The partigyle batch ended up with 21L @ 1.032, so we should be getting a 3% Dark Mild...no idea what it's gonna be like though!!

Cheers

Well i had a ball! what a great brew day! and yes i look like a dick cause i am one :p

Cant wait for the next one! and cant wait to try the "dark mild"

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

He he he, yeah, it was fun! I'll see if it's gonna ferment out in time for the swap...only issue will be the yeast. Need some Windsor or something!!

Cheers

Wish I were doing this again today instead of Stocktake at work!!

:(

BTW, whoever left the beers in my fridge, thanks! Both were very tasty :p

Cheers!

Man your fridge was overloaded with beers/yeast slurry as it was!

Be good to do another brewday, very interesting to see another persons AG brew happen in front of me. The stuck sparge seemed effortless compared to my previous ones haha

LOL, I must be doing something right, to (apparently) have such a fine crush, and (apparently) have a tiny, tiny braid, compared to yourself anyway!

That being said, I usually don't have many issues with my regular grain bill. 14.1KG might have been pushing it just a touch!

When I get a stuck sparge, it's just a case of stir, recirc. and keep on going! Not sure how anyone else does it. Tun design/shape may have something to do with it though, but not 100% on that. I'll teach you about not giving a flying fark when it comes to sparging, if you teach me the mythical ways of water chemistry...Really would like to know the adjustments for the lighter coloured beers!

Hey, would love to have another day but think Troydo may have volunteered his place for the next... Maybe when he's in Europe? At least we know there will be beer on tap!!

Cheers

PS: Hope you rode the storm out OK yesterday. Was pretty mental up at Everton Park. Bloody Stocktake!!

Yeah storm was sweet here, lots of rain and thunder/lightning that shook the house. It made the little fella replicate the rumbling noises haha. Don't trust me on light beers, amber or over i'm cool. Anything under 10 EBC and it's dust storm time!

I'm up for a brewday at mine at some stage also, just to show how a sub $100 all electric all grain setup with a bucket of death works, wanna come around LC?

I was reading another forum after the brewday (can't remember which one) and someone did a RIS and dark mild partigyle, I need to find it again to see the results. Could be similar to yours.

I'm brewing a Special Bitter this Saturday (20th) and possibly a Hefe, if anyone is interested in seeing how its done on a primative gravity fed system.

Bump.
(sorry about the thread hijack)
Anyone keen for a brew day pre-Xmas? Probably kick off the first mash around 10am.

Can you do me a favour?
You show me yours and I'll show you mine - crush, that is.

I'm curious to see how my present crush compares to others so can you keep a little bit aside and I'll bring in some from the brew I'm doing just now.

It's Batz's Weizen BTW :lol: :lol:

Campbell

Hmmm, why Sat? I'm working............. MIGHT pop in for a quick hello though. Heading down to Tas for Xmas on Monday. :)

Cheers

No probs Campbell

Back