Brisbane Brew Supply Query

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The King of Spain

Reaction score
Where can I get a decent range of grains, hops and malt extract in Brisbane. I have been going to the Brewers Choice in Coopers Plains (which was fine when I just brewed kits) but there is very little choice. I went in with a recipe yesterday and had to substitute on over half of the ingredients.

Where can I get a decent range of grains, hops and malt extract in Brisbane. I have been going to the Brewers Choice in Coopers Plains (which was fine when I just brewed kits) but there is very little choice. I went in with a recipe yesterday and had to substitute on over half of the ingredients.

I use the Annerly Home Brew store for my basics, and Craft Brewer for hops and yeast and some grains.

Annerly has Black Rock and Coopers Extracts and a decent enough range of grains.

Brewers Choice Chapel Hill is way better than the Coopers Plains one.

I believe Jimboomba is also ok but I haven't been there.

There's one in Slacks Creek that seemed pretty good the one time I went in there.

I'm curious to see some locals responses to this as well because I've been a bit disatisfied with my local of late for various reasons...

Hey deaves and bconnery,

There is thread on Brisbane brew shops here.

Just remember that ordering through the sites sponsors also supports AHB :)

Craftbrewer has got me - very impressed. Still have to go to my HBS for malt extract. Brewers choice at Coopers plains only had LME - no dark or amber. Will check out the other store you mention.

Deaves

you're probably better off with light DME anyway. Adding colour with steeped grains rather than with darker malt extract will be better IMO.

Hey deaves and bconnery,

There is thread on Brisbane brew shops here.

Just remember that ordering through the sites sponsors also supports AHB :)

When it comes down to it Craftbrewer pretty much is my local store.

Just that I need tops ups sometimes...

Latest posts

Back