Brisbane Bottleshops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murray

Beer bear.
Reaction score
Any of the Brisbane dwellers around here know of bottle shops that actually have a good range of beers?

I assume you're talking of Int'l beers?
If I remember correctly there's a couple of good bottlos
in The Valley (I think the Elephan & Wheelbarrow bottlo is quite good)
Also there was another on Bruswick street, amongst the restaurants
where Sushi Train is. We founded some Quebec beers there.

but generally its expensive local lagers.

Try 'The Grape'. Its got quite a wide range and the fellas I talk to seem to know a bit about them. I live in Brisbane too, so if you find another good recommendation, let us know.

Bunz is right about The Grape. The Kenmore Tavern also has a pretty good range of Belgian, German and British ales.

Can't find thread I was thinking of to post in but this 10 yr old one seems legit .

Called into the wine emporium this arvo and was blown away by the range they have these days !
They have really stocked up on some weird n wonderful crafty brews lately . Well worth a look if your over that way .
image.jpg

northside novice said:
Can't find thread I was thinking of to post in but this 10 yr old one seems legit .

Called into the wine emporium this arvo and was blown away by the range they have these days !
They have really stocked up on some weird n wonderful crafty brews lately . Well worth a look if your over that way .
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Have picked up a few nice ones from this place. Usually have a decent selection.

Central Cellars is pretty good at lifting my cash as well.
Always has something worthwhile.

The ONLY place to go is Craft at Red Hill.

Les and Tony have the most comprehensive range of good beer, and the knowledge to back it up.

They know their wines too (so you can pick something up for SWMBO). Driving in and out of red hill on a Friday afternoon is a ******* nightmare though.

Most BWS stores have actually lifted their game in the last year and brands such as Sierra Nevada and very many Aus Craft beers are now there. BWS was always a megaswill shop with Oettinger as the most exotic brand but pleasantly surprised on my last visit.

I share your pain, Liam. Got stuck going over the Manning River into town today following someone doing 40 kph and was 90 seconds late getting into Aldi. Oh the humanity. :huh:

Well, at least it wasn't Wednesday or Thursday when those 90 seconds could have cost you the chance to get your fingers on those special buys.

On the BWS note, I scored 8 (I think it was) tallies of Burleigh Fig Jam IPA for $6 each in Nundah a few weeks back. Was pretty happy with that.

EDIT: Also found some decent beers at the Cru Bar bottle shop in James street the other day which assisted me greatly in getting through a couple of movies at the German Film Festival at Palace Centro. Easy to just stagger over there between movies to fill the bag again.

The Wine Emporium at the Emporium in the Valley is pretty good also, despite the name!

Theres a nice place on Melbourne st South Brisbane in the same complex as Era restaurant, I'm sorry but I can't remember the name of it. Stocks a range of beers (especially ales) that you probably won't see in too many other places. The Bottle shop in paddington Centro is good to for the same reasons but both have limited if unusual stock.

I find going to a superstore like first choice or dan murphys usually ends with me walking away with a pint or two of a beer I haven't tried before from their boutique sections.

menoetes said:
Theres a nice place on Melbourne st South Brisbane in the same complex as Era restaurant, I'm sorry but I can't remember the name of it.
I haven't been there for years, but it used to be the Era bottle shop. I was under the impression that it closed down? new one there?

Florian said:
I haven't been there for years, but it used to be the Era bottle shop. I was under the impression that it closed down? new one there?
Nah it's gone, and the one that replaced it is rubbish.

I'm surprised that no one's mentioned Archive - Great bottle shop & you can have a beer while you make up your mind.

Also a bit of blatant self promotion - Take a short trip down to Capalaba to our brewery where we sell our own beers in 5L takeaway mini kegs, or bring an empty growler & fill from one of our 20+ taps.

Cheers Ross

Edit: Just noticed this is a resurrected bloody old thread - oh well....

Ross said:
I'm surprised that no one's mentioned Archive - Great bottle shop & you can have a beer while you make up your mind.

Also a bit of blatant self promotion - Take a short trip down to Capalaba to our brewery where we sell our own beers in 5L takeaway mini kegs, or bring an empty growler & fill from one of our 20+ taps.

Cheers Ross

Edit: Just noticed this is a resurrected bloody old thread - oh well....
Do you sell empty growlers Ross?

I couldn't find the current up too date thread to post in .

I was just trying to draw attention to the wine emporium as they now have a really really good range of beer , much better than they had say a year ago .
The guys at craft actually told me to check them out as they were impressed at their current stocks aswell .

Emporium impressed me last time I was there as well, love the Craft as well.
shopping1.JPG
Was forced to buy this lot ar Grand Central Cellars last nite.

(NN loves a necro thread revival)

Latest posts

Back