Brisbane Beer Luncheon

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ross what time do we need to arrive at your place?

I have no idea where the luncheon is

Batz

Ross what time do we need to arrive at your place?

I have no idea where the luncheon is

Batz

We'll need to leave here latest midday - depends how many pre luncheon drinks you want here :chug:
Anytime after 10am would be good.

cheers Ross

We'll need to leave here latest midday - depends how many pre luncheon drinks you want here :chug:
Anytime after 10am would be good.

cheers Ross

Ok I'll do my best to be there 10.00/10.30

Batz

Ross,

Any chance 2 newbies can join your table?

Both enjoy good beers.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Ok, we've just squeezed you two in :super:
Please give me a call on 32877225 or confirm to this thread asap.

Bookings now definately finished - 14 of us finally, should be a good afternoon.....evening :party:

cheers Ross

It'll be a slow day Monday :D

Maybe obvious, but just so there's no confusion on the day, it's $65 a head, so $130 a couple.

Looking forward to a great afternoon. Pre drinks here - luncheon - post drinks at Winkles & then back here for a night cap :party:

See you all Sunday...

Cheers Ross

C'mon Sunday

PureBrilliance_1.jpg

Ross
thanks for the heads up about the luncheon. It was an informative and enjoyable event. Look forward to the next one. Saison beers would make for an interesting themed lunch.
Cheers
Stephen.

Ross
thanks for the heads up about the luncheon. It was an informative and enjoyable event. Look forward to the next one. Saison beers would make for an interesting themed lunch.
Cheers
Stephen.

Yes, was a great day Stephen, looks like everyone enjoyed themselves. We have some great ones coming up with hopefully the likes of the Steam Brewery beers & other micros that we only get to hear about up here.
Going to try & set up a few luncheons for just brewers, should make for a very informative day...

Hope everyone else enjoyed the day & thought it good value? Ian Watson is certainly the most passionate & knowledgable guy on beer, I've ever met...

cheers Ross

Going to try & set up a few luncheons for just brewers, should make for a very informative day...

cheers Ross

That sounds good Ross, Murrays beers perhaps?

They were mentioned as well, so looks like it's happening :)

cheers Ross
Would there be any interest in a fully blown beer tasting of the new breed of micros rather than a dinner/lunch ?

Yes, was a great day Stephen, looks like everyone enjoyed themselves. We have some great ones coming up with hopefully the likes of the Steam Brewery beers & other micros that we only get to hear about up here.

Hope everyone else enjoyed the day & thought it good value? Ian Watson is certainly the most passionate & knowledgable guy on beer, I've ever met...

cheers Ross

Here, Here,

Thanks Ian and Ross, and also the other brewers who attended, great company and a terrific lunch, personally I thought the beers were paired very well with the food. Think Ian could have spoken for another three hours without any trouble. Was a bit worried that the other guys may have felt a bit overwhelmed by the rhetoric coming from the brewing fraternity. Naturally we're all pretty passionate about brewing as is Ian and they could easily have mistaken our fervour for us trying to take things over, I hope this wasn't the case.

Looking forward to more of these events in the future! Going away after Easter for a couple of months, bummer!

Let me echo these words,wonderful day Ross,thankyou for pointing me in the direction of these luncheons,I will return!

Ian
A very interesting little meeting,nicely put together and run,perhaps some beers a little less "main stream" for the brewers another time...not interested in the wheats thanks :p

Winkle
Thankyou for the sample of your beers mate,loved that Porter :beerbang:
Your bar is stunning,I wish I had taken a photo to post here.Of course a cheer :super: to your wife Anna for having us and feeding us all those yummy things.

And great to see you again nonicman,screwtop and others.

Lastly again Ross and Jackie,I seem to always be thanking you guys for allowing me to stay the night,what can I say...cheers from Julie and I

Batz

Yeah thanks for organising us Ross - and Matt & Ian for hosting the event. I hadn't seen Ian for many years since an informal ratebeer PU at the last Festival of beers and wish him all the best at Sunshine Coast (he'll do a good job anyway) :super:

Had a great time, thanks to Ian, Mat and also Ross, but I must make special mention to Jackie, for putting up with us and providing the biggest breakfast I've eaten in years.

cheers

Browndog

Thanks to Ian and Matt for putting on a great lunch, and thanks to Ross for letting us know about it (and Batz for the lift) not to mention a few starters from Ross's awesome bar. Looking forward to the next lunch. Bright Ale and mango chicken are a match made in heaven.

Ross,

I too would like to thank you and Ian for the luncheon and all the other knowledgeable people I meet.

Hopefully I'll be attending more of these events. And if it wasn't for the flu I had on the day I would have accepted the invitation back to Winkle's place as well.

Thanks again and hopefully in the future as my brewing skills improve I'll be able to understand a lot more of what was talked about on the day.

Cheer

Chris

Back