Bring To Boil

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamstringsally

Reaction score
Looks like for my new boil pot of around 150l im going to be using gas. Any suggestions on burners to bring a amount like that up to boil asap with natural gas? I was thinking the mongolian burner style but thought someone might have some better ideas?

cheers

Hammo

Looks like for my new boil pot of around 150l im going to be using gas. Any suggestions on burners to bring a amount like that up to boil asap with natural gas? I was thinking the mongolian burner style but thought someone might have some better ideas?

cheers

Hammo
Rambo easily does 100L and would do 150 comfortably once you learn the tricks, but not sure of the Natural gas.

Cheers Brad

I'm using 2 x NASA (aka turkey burners) with LPG under my 140L pot, does it easily. I think 1 would be enough, you would just have to run it hard. I'm not sure of they do a natural gas version. At 150,000btu (about 150mj/hr) each they throw out a lot of heat at full pressure.

ekul has a 32 jet Mongolian burner and says how hot it is. I tried my 20jet Mongolian using a high pressure reg on the 140L pot and it was maxxed out trying to do it, but did do the job.

Never seen the Rambo in action.

QldKev

Can't say for natural gas, but LPG and a high pressure reg feeding a camping 4 ring burner gets my 160l pot with 108 litres in up to the boil almost as quick as i can sparge (within ten minutes of the end of sparge anyway).

As far as I know, your natural gas stuff is basically low pressure right?

Think you'll want a large Mongolian

Back