Bright Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's also a little place called 'Smoko' in the region too.

Obviously the place to stop for morning tea...no breweries though

Went to the Bright brewery on Friday arvo, did the tour of the small brewhouse. Seem's they have had a recent expansion, loved the APA, Hop Harvest ale, and the Milk Stout they had on tap. If anyone is heading to Bright make sure you check it out, and if you have young kids there is a great playground close by where SWMBO can hang out while you do the tour, than it's got a beer garden where everyone can sit afterwards. I had a few beers with the other guy on the tour when we were done and his wife and young one came down as well, good times.

The tour was 18 dollars, which included a good size sample of all the beers that were on tap, convinced me to grab a few more pints afterwards anyway. Cheers.

I went to the bright brewery yesterday and was not disappointed. They had seven beers on tap:
1. Lager
2. Pale ale
3. Wit beer
4. Amber ale
5. Porter
6. Dubbel
7. Missing in action ipa.
8. Cider

the stand outs for me were the pale ale, porter and ipa.

The pale ale is one of the best I've tasted and has now given me something to try and copy.

I also did the tour but to be honest didn't get much out of it as there was about 15 non brewers amongst the group.

Bright Pale is pretty bloody great at the moment. Enjoyed it many times last month while down there. One of the best in Australia. Well done to the brewer, an AHB'er at heart.

was also there yesterday for the first time since the renovations. Its a big improvement in my opinion. More seating generaly, the brewery itself is in full view, much larger bar. Two downsides in noticed is the lack of shaded outdoor seating. For summer crowds its hard to get a spot . The inside space is clean modern and crisp but accousticly bright. The reflected noise made it almost impossible to hear what was being said across the table. Service was fast and efficient if not a little "too cool for school". We only had time to try the pale and the amber. Both were exelent. The pale fresh and hoppy and the amber smooth and malty. we ordered a bowl of roasted malt fries that were delivered in minutes despite the place being full to the brim, the dusting of what I assume was ground malt did little for the fries but the serve was generous and the chips crispy. All in all I would highly recomend a visit, these guys get better and beter. Our first experience was in a gravel yard out the back of the main street. The beer was delicious then and the new brewery space is a welcome addition to the origional riverside venue. Be prepaired for a drain to be installed in your wallet if you decide to settle in for a session, something that I find all to easy to do!

The Gas Man said:
I went to the bright brewery yesterday and was not disappointed. They had seven beers on tap:
1. Lager
2. Pale ale
3. Wit beer
4. Amber ale
5. Porter
6. Dubbel
7. Missing in action ipa.
8. Cider
the stand outs for me were the pale ale, porter and ipa.
The pale ale is one of the best I've tasted and has now given me something to try and copy.
I also did the tour but to be honest didn't get much out of it as there was about 15 non brewers amongst the group.
I went there back in winter and did the tour but it was just SWMBO and I. So was good to be able to ask the brewer questions and get direct answers. He even sat at the bar pouring us some extras that weren't included in the tasting paddle.

+ a special black MIA IPA you had to ask for that one, not on the list behind the bar. Got to keep up with the twitter!
Jon the brewer is a great guy, I recently did the brewer for a day and it was a really good day.

Does any have any inside info on how to brew bright breweries pale ale. All I know that it is predominately (if not all) galaxy hops. It is currently my favourite pale ale if ever tasted.so very drinkable for galaxy hops.

Ask the brewer. You can email him or PM him on here if he reveals himself...

Back