Bridge Road Brewers Biere De Garde

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpsmusic

Reaction score
Hi,

I tried a bottle of Bridge Road Brewers Biere de Garde last week (see here).

I was very impressed by this unusual and very tasty beer. It's primarily malt-driven but has some really nice spice notes and a slight tartness.

Just wondering if anyone could suggest a recipe that would produce something like this.

Also, for a beer like this, is the spice flavour and tartness coming from spice/acid additions or does it derive from the type of yeast and fermentation temperature?

I'm currently reading "Farmhouse Ales" and from my limited understanding of the style the Bridge Road version seems to be a hybrid Biere de Garde/Saison. It has the strong malty character of a Biere de Garde but the spicy tartness of a Saison. Is that right?

Cheers,

Chris

I haven't listened to the show but I do know that the brewing network jamil show did attempt a clone for this beer which you can download the podcast of. Hard to get better advice than jamil et al

yep. They cloned this one o the Jamil Show, linkypoos

Haven't tried this beer yet, but it's on my to-drink-list.

I've got one waiting for me in the garage/beer cellar.

Just looking for an excuse to pop it, but due to the size and % content, I kind of feel like I need to drink it with someone else, so I'm still waiting.

Glad to hear it's a good one though.

Wow! Thanks for that link - I'd found the Saison and Biere de Garde shows but I didn't realise there was one specifically about this beer.

Cheers,

Chris

yep. They cloned this one o the Jamil Show, linkypoos

Haven't tried this beer yet, but it's on my to-drink-list.

Back