Quantcast

BrewZilla 65L

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Cloud Surfer

Reaction score
I see KL are having a Black Friday sale with $100 off their 65L BrewZilla. I’m slightly tempted given it seems good value at only $550. But is a 65L overkill given I will never brew double batches. Though I will be using it for high OG (1.120) type beer that I guess is going to have a big grain bill. Would the 30L version be big enough to make a 12% RIS for example?

I had no intention of buying into AG just yet and have done zero research on brewing vessels, but I do like a sale. I’ve got today only to decide before the sale ends.

djebel

Reaction score
A 30L unit would certainly be capable of making a 12% beer. Just not very much of it in a single batch.

ozdevil

Reaction score
cloud Surfer before you decide on the 65l you need to be aware you need a 15amp gpo to run it with all elements otherwise you need to get a 15amp to 10amp lead and you will only be able to run the 2 small heating elements

i love my 65l i am yet to do a double batch as yet, but i have done single batches ok in it

Cloud Surfer

Reaction score
cloud Surfer before you decide on the 65l you need to be aware you need a 15amp gpo to run it with all elements otherwise you need to get a 15amp to 10amp lead and you will only be able to run the 2 small heating elements

i love my 65l i am yet to do a double batch as yet, but i have done single batches ok in it
I did see that 15 amp requirement. Do smaller batches run ok on just the 2 elements?

malt and barley blues

Reaction score
I see KL are having a Black Friday sale with $100 off their 65L BrewZilla. I’m slightly tempted given it seems good value at only $550. But is a 65L overkill given I will never brew double batches. Though I will be using it for high OG (1.120) type beer that I guess is going to have a big grain bill. Would the 30L version be big enough to make a 12% RIS for example?

I had no intention of buying into AG just yet and have done zero research on brewing vessels, but I do like a sale. I’ve got today only to decide before the sale ends.
Wait until next year there will be a new vessel on the market.;)

Cloud Surfer

Reaction score
aplogies for the late reply but yes it will work fine
That’s good to know.

I decided for the sake of only $100 not to rush into buying the Brewzilla. Mostly because I’m really enjoying where I’m at right now with my brewing and I want to stick with this process for a bit longer.

Grmblz

Reaction score
Good call, the new design seems to address all the common shortcomings of the cheap single vessels, it will be more expensive I assume but if they have a heap of the old ones in stock they may do a fire sale to get rid of them (or leave it as a cheaper alternative?)
A word of caution though, the new V.1 will probably have teething problems if history repeats itself, KL have a habit of letting the early adopters do their real world testing for them, then bringing out a V.1.1 followed by a V1.2, hopefully they have learnt from past mistakes but I'm not confident, it's a hard argument when they do incremental changes and refer to it as product improvement, that may be the case but why not do some proper testing first to iron out the wrinkles and then release a mature product?

rayhaynes62

Reaction score
I currently brew in a grainfather and would like to double batch some of my more tried and tested recipes.
Will the unit brew 40L batches at around 8%.

Latest posts