Brewtopia, Syd

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbeard

Sth Seas Pirate Brewery
Reaction score
just got a one page full colour a5 ad for brewtopia.com.au (amongst the other junk mail). it was for a fathers day beer, perhaps i should check the letter box more often. their website says they will also rebrand bottles for corp events etc for $56 a case. has anyone ever tasted blowfly beer ? or know where its brewed ?

Never tried it. Just a marketing gimick I think, rather than great beer.

To answer your question from here
Q. Where is the beer being brewed?
A. The beer is brewed at the brand new spoofy state of the art facilities in Smeaton Grange in NSW, Australia. Feel free to give us a call if you'd like to have a gander. The recipe was developed by one of Australasia's pre-eminent brewers who's name can't be mentioned, lest he get in strife from his current employer!

Beers,
Doc

Yep, tasted it. And even tried it again under sufferance. It hadn't got any better the second time either. But the brown crown seal stubbies were handy.

Cheers

Borret

I've bought a couple of cases before as gimmicky gifts with custom labels.

As a gift to megaswill drinkers, they went down well! But I wouldn't rate the beer to highly, prob similar to a crown lager from memory

Doc said:
Never tried it. Just a marketing gimick I think, rather than great beer.

To answer your question from here
Q. Where is the beer being brewed?
A. The beer is brewed at the brand new spoofy state of the art facilities in Smeaton Grange in NSW, Australia. Feel free to give us a call if you'd like to have a gander. The recipe was developed by one of Australasia's pre-eminent brewers who's name can't be mentioned, lest he get in strife from his current employer!

Beers,
Doc
[post="75398"][/post]​

Hi Doc,

That's out the back of my place. We should get an address, and I can check it out!!!

Cheers,
Jase

Don't think I'd like a beer made in premises that are spoofy. It just sounds wrong.

However, these people give a money back guarantee.

Q. What if I don't like the beer after I buy it?
A. Well you're in desperate need of a tastebud transplant - but we'd rather not foot the bill for that - instead we'll gladly refund your money in return for the unused beer as long as you give us your feedback on what didn't 'work for you'! Sound fair? No other brewer would ever dream of doing that - try them!
All of our beer comes with a 30 day money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, just contact us on 02 9555 5184 to organise your return.

Is it worth it? Couldn't tell U. My money's too precious to test their guarantee.

Apparently U can collect the beer at an address in Balmain, but only after you pay online and the deal goes through.

More info and opinions in the Blowfly thread.

Seth :p

Latest posts

Back