Brewtoolz - Shared Recipe Editing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris.taylor.98

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just released another update to Brewtoolz that some of you might be interested in.

We now have basic multi-user recipe editing, allowing multiple users to edit the same recipe.

Could be useful for:

- Working out recipes for combined brew days (case swaps, club brewing days etc)
- Getting someone to help fix up a recipe.
- Having a group of people to collaborate and make a better recipe.

Note you have to be signed up users (which is free) to be able to use this feature.

Future releases will include a changelog, and email notifications.

No afilliation other than knowing Chris thru the local brewing club, Melbourne Brewers. He`s a great brewer with results on the board and worth listening to.
This is a great work and obviously shit loads of thought and work has gone into it. It`s not beeersmith or promash but its a little more designed for club and community brewing, sure its not "private" but thats what the site is all about. Live share.. share .. share.

At least for one of your next brews, give it a go! Create and log your details of the beer brewed. You got nothing to lose, its free.

Haysie

This sounds like a great project.

But I'm still getting the "The Domain Name brewtoolz.com is currently parked." page.

Maybe a DNS caching issue?

Looks good Chris, but I'd expect nothing less from an AG brewer/Web Developer in Mooroolbark ;) Did you write the site yourself?

This sounds like a great project.

But I'm still getting the "The Domain Name brewtoolz.com is currently parked." page.

Maybe a DNS caching issue?
Are you sure you are typing the correct URL? The website www.brewtools.com shows a generic domain park/for sale type page.

If you are visiting the correct site, there is no logical reason why your PC/Network or ISP would cache the old DNS information for so long.
Have you also tried clearing your browser's cache?

The correct URL should be: http://www.brewtoolz.com

There where some issues today where it was not contactable for a couple of minutes today (was a problem at the webhosting end, and only down for a minute or two).

The multi user editing has been updated since the original post.

It now shows updates from other recipe editors as they happen, and there is a log of changes.

Thanks to those that have gone and had a look.

All feedback (good, bad or otherwise) gratefully received.

Yes MLB I have been the main developer to date with a small but dedicated team helping out with hosting and testing etc, it is now open sourced and am keen to get others involved (any web developers got some time to help with the UI?)

Back