Brewtoad

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the link, evildrakey. I just had a quick look. It looks promising but it's pretty rough at the moment, definitely a beta. I managed to import my Hopville recipes ok and make a recipe. However:

*It doesn't allow for metric measurements yet
*Isn't letting me save edits I make to recipes
*Doesn't allow for additions to secondary
*Recipes are forced into a category, can't leave them unclassified

Beersmith is a full of paid for brewing app
BeerMate is a freebie, great of Aust.

This just looks like a basic recipe database? if so waste of bandwidth

Agree with Kev, looks like an online database of recipes more than a brew program and all my recipes are already online due to being stored in a spreadsheet in Google docs, not much point in it at the moment I don't think.

Agree with Kev, looks like an online database of recipes more than a brew program and all my recipes are already online due to being stored in a spreadsheet in Google docs, not much point in it at the moment I don't think.

I wrote a review on my blog. The say the site is in beta but it feels more like an alpha.
I talked to the devs at NHC. They have plans to add a lot of features, but they have a lot of ground to cover.

http://finnhillbrewing.blogspot.com/2012/0...rewtoadcom.html

I wrote a review on my blog. The say the site is in beta but it feels more like an alpha.
I talked to the devs at NHC. They have plans to add a lot of features, but they have a lot of ground to cover.

http://finnhillbrewing.blogspot.com/2012/0...rewtoadcom.html

From your Blog....
"Almost every existing feature of BrewToad works well except for the myriad of problems associated with every existing feature."

That sounds like a contradiction to me. Am I missing something?

Am I missing something?
Yeah. You're reading a blog. Written by a blogger that starts criticising the object under review without even explaining what it is to his/her readers.

Back