Brewtique - Keg System. Any One Seen One?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedro

Reaction score
Hi All

Just saw an article (todays Newcastle Hearld) on a new (?) keg system for draft beer, they say a home brew attachment (to fill) is comming.

Any one seen one in the flesh www.brewtique.com.au

At $350 ea ouch.

Peter E.

PS: Not pedro of the Gulf Brewery.

Yep Sorry

Was going to be a "wedge" but that was taken, didn't realise that Pedro had a history. Every other nick name was ... how do you say ah... inappropriate.

Peter E.

PS: Not pedro of the Gulf Brewery.

Hi All

Just saw an article (todays Newcastle Hearld) on a new (?) keg system for draft beer, they say a home brew attachment (to fill) is comming.

Any one seen one in the flesh www.brewtique.com.au

At $350 ea ouch.

Peter E.

There was one of these keg setups on the bar at the Queens Wharf Brewery when we were there having drinks with Ross last week. Apparently you could bye/hire one, full of Blue Tongue something, Gough was telling me about it he might know more.

Yep, you can buy them and Bluetongue are heavily involved. Pretty pricey for what they are IMO, but if you're keen... To see one in the flesh head to the Queens Wharf brewery.

Good to see another Newcastle brewer on the forum pedro. If you'd filled your location details in I'd have let you know about last Tuesday's beer with Ross. Then again, you probably didn't need the hangover... :lol:

Shawn

at $2.36 for a tin, it is a bit pricey for beer you are drinking at home.

The guy over at Kahibah Cellars is selling these and he let me have a look at one. i can't really see the use in buying one for $350 though.

Also what's the go with gas in these? What do they use for pouring pressure? Do they just us what ever pressure was passed on when it was filled? You would think you would loose that pressure pretty quickly.

These are similar to the Keggy that we sell at Paddy's. They work great, I have one in the fridge & one up the road at Dad's place. Can't see how they would be any use to home brewers without some expensive toys for cleaning & gassing etc
Cheers
Gerard

They look like Fresh Kegs, similar to the Keggys. I think the main difference is that although both have a reservoir that takes liiquid CO2 for dispensing, the regulator for Keggy is in the keg with the reservoir, while for the Fresh Keg it is in the dispense head.

If they are offered to home brewers I suspect it will be on swap basis. You take your empty keg back and for a fee you get a clean empty keg with its CO2 reservoir gassed up. Don't know about carbonating the beer - I've played round with some Keggys and have always filled them under counter-pressure with carbonated beer from a 19l keg. If you had the right fittings, CO2 and a reg then you could gas the beer in them, but if you could do that why would you buy one?

Pat

Back