Brewtech SS fermenting vessels discussion thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very very good quality. Nice smooth operation, good sturdy Spring on the handle latch. I've got one eBay Chinese type and it doesn't even fully close properly without fighting it. Sucks if you are trying to close and beer or yeast is spitting out everywhere! SS Brewtech all the way. Happy I bought two as I'll get a sanitary sample valve for the mid cone port and use my two butterfly valves to isolate a sight glass on the dump port to see what I'm dumping. Haven't checked dimensions though this may not work...

I'd love to see a photo of that setup when you sort it, please and thank-you.

Grainer said:
I like this cleaning setup ! One big arse pump there
hey man nice setup even the fridge too! Do you have any pics of the inside of the cleaning setup. Do you use a spray ball?

I purchased one of the SS Brewtech butterfly valves two brews back. I found it was actually fairly free of grease on tear down. Quality is top notch (although i dont have any others to compare it with). Very well made and feels like it's made to last.

This brew I purchased a sight glass and end cap. If you've got one of these fermenters, well worth the $60-70 investment to see when to dump trub/yeast.

IMG_2365.JPG

Hi Stilvia

Very similar to mine except mine is the Cronical7

I recommend putting closing caps on any open sanitary fittings to prevent any nasties getting in. I actually put a glass end cap on the top with a T piece so could look down and see what the Krausen was like.

James

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

stilvia said:
I purchased one of the SS Brewtech butterfly valves two brews back. I found it was actually fairly free of grease on tear down. Quality is top notch (although i dont have any others to compare it with). Very well made and feels like it's made to last.

This brew I purchased a sight glass and end cap. If you've got one of these fermenters, well worth the $60-70 investment to see when to dump trub/yeast.

IMG_2365.JPG
Where did you buy the sight glass/end cap?

Got mine a month finaly organized enough to fill it up tomorrow

My original series brew bucket (7 US gallons model) sort of seals, but not a true kittens seal. So with the two piece airlock in place you can see a difference in levels of airlock liquid but no bubbling.

Is there something I should be doing with the silicone lid gasket, like hit it with keg lube before seating, or something? Nothing seems to be working.

Initially I got a very good seal with bubbling through the airlock.

The lid on one of my Brewbuckets doesn't seal very well, it seems that 2 of the toggle latches don't pull down as firmly as they should.

I place a strip of poly dampcourse between the latches and the lid, it seems to do the trick.

13626529_1125699267488172_589164874897589718_n.jpg

Right on, that seems to be the case here as well, I thought they weren't pulling down properly because of faults in the seating of the gasket, as opposed to a fault in the latches, will find something to use as a "shim" and will report back.

Hey that's a cute arse litle airlock thingo, what's that?

I should start a new thread about how to fit a kitten into a sterilock when fitted to a SS Brew Bucket and why isn't my kitten bubbling.

Camo's got you covered, Barls :D

Bribie G said:
I should start a new thread about how to fit a kitten into a sterilock when fitted to a SS Brew Bucket and why isn't my kitten bubbling.
you have to use the orange hair kittens for them to bubble.

Well, isn't it amazing how the Universe works out.
A few days ago I unpacked a thingo I'd bought online and part of the packaging included some cute little cardboard rectangles. It occurred to me that if a man went out to actually buy such things they would be unobtainable, and surely such sensible looking items would some day come to the rescue.

shims 1.jpg

So I put them in my box of useful things in the brewhouse.

shims 2.jpg

We have bubbling........kittens will not face the same fate as NSW greyhounds. ..... This will henceforth be called the Black Devil Dog Manoevre.

Back