Brewtech SS fermenting vessels discussion thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Vortex
I have the Chronical 7 but the ball valves came apart easily, I just never put them back together as purchased butterfly valves from USA and other sanitary fittings from China.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I contacted SS Brewtech on Thursday and they also said it's abnormal, and would probably send me a new valve. They would have to advise next week however due to Christmas.

Does anyone find powdered caustic will drop to the bottom of the cone and soldify, even in hot water? I guess pre dissolving would work, but it's pretty annoying! Might need to get some of the good liquid stuff for home.

Just wondering if anyone has a 1/2 BBL (64L) SS chronical if you can measure the maximum width of it including attachments legs etc.. what eve the widest part is.. there are conflicting messages of witch 17" vs 18" is a big difference of me fitting it into my fridge..cheers

Did you read the post? Yeah and all other references are different To ss...looking for real measurements fom someone that owns one

I measured mine and I get 14 1/2 for the fermenter and the legs add 1 1/4 each side so a shade over 17 inches.
Due to the shape it is really difficult to measure. Maybe someone else can confirm.

I'm not sure what else you need Grainer. The manufacturer isn't going to provide a size which is wrong. The size provided in PM from me is correct. There is nothing that sticks out past the legs.

At some point you'll just have to trust the information you've already been provided.

With all due respect Vortex. You stated 46cm without measuring. 620rosco says 43cm and measured it.. this is huge variation for me to get it into my fridge.. hence why i need confimation of exact maximum width.

Grainer said:
Did you read the post? Yeah and all other references are different To ss...looking for real measurements fom someone that owns one
Yeah I read your post. No where in your post did you say you were questioning the manufacturer's dimensions. I know that SS Brewtech don't list product dimensions in an easy to find spot, so just thought I'd be a helpful bloke and post them for you. Obviously not..

stilvia said:
Yeah I read your post. No where in your post did you say you were questioning the manufacturer's dimensions. I know that SS Brewtech don't list product dimensions in an easy to find spot, so just thought I'd be a helpful bloke and post them for you. Obviously not..
All good mate.. hence why this is frustrating.. wish they would just put up schematics..make life easier

Grainer said:
With all due respect Vortex. You stated 46cm without measuring. 620rosco says 43cm and measured it.. this is huge variation for me to get it into my fridge.. hence why i need confimation of exact maximum width.
Well, I just measured mine and the 43cm is the size of the lid - and not the measurement you need. The legs welded to the main body, stick out past this to - guess what - 460mm!

Did you honestly think the manufacturers own blurb would be incorrect?

Pulled the trigger ! next for all the accessories ! Bringing the bling..and a new stainless glass fridge ! Cause it wouldn't fit in the other by 1cm!

64L Big Jim and little 26L Shelly !

20160603_185713.jpg

MastersBrewery said:
Can we get a envious/jealous button? Nice work Grainer.
Brew bucket billy was hiding around the corner sculling RIS with Mangrove Jack 26L..building up the SS!

470-475mm at widest point (measuring in the dark) Not accounting for the fact that the digital meter protrudes further.... hence the queries being justified ! Glad I got the new fridge tho.. very sparkly !

Just checking through the thread at pressure control during transfer ..thinking of an inline regulator straight from the cylinder to ensure no blowouts EVA ! plus a few other options

Hopefully helps someone, but I bought some of the SS brewtech butterfly valves. I advise stripping down and TSP soaking/scrubbing. Lots of grease inside which works it's way onto the internal valve seal where your beer is in contact. TSP got the lot off except for some slight grease staining around where the valve spigot comes through the seal hole.

Hi DJ-L3thal

What are the valves like quality wise?
I bought butterfly valves for mine but out of USA and they are very nice, even can get spare rubber seals etc. so much better than the ball valves. And cleaning is easy.

SS ones were not available back then.

James

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back