Brewpot Suppliers - Where Not To Go Imo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickoz

Reaction score
Hi All,

I would like to share a recent bad experience with a supplier. Allquip

I had recently holed my old aluminium pot and needed a new pot to do a brew on the upcoming weekend - It was Tuesday and with nothing locally available I started googling. I found several references on this site to Robinox pots with Allquip being the supplier. I headed to Allquip's website and used their online "ordering page" to order my new 36L SS Robinox pot. I also ordered a "NASA" burner and high pressure regulator from Grain & Grape at the same time.

On Wednesday morning I checked my emails to find that my order was being processed by Grain & Grape (good work guys - I'll visit your shop again) but had nothing from Allquip, so I sent them an email query to find out if my order had been received. By late afternoon, I still had no response from Allquip so I rang to find out if they had received my order. I was informed that the website ordering system was not automated and that someone would call to provide shipping costs and firm up the order. Okay, fair enough I thought, if that's how they run, I'll work with them.

On Thursday afternoon, I still hadn't had anyone from Allquip call, so I rang them to follow my order up. The salesman was in the warehouse at the time so couldn't help me, promised that he would ring first thing on Friday morning. I should mention that my Grain & Grape order turned up on Thursday at lunchtime.

Friday morning came and went with no call - I was pretty angry at this point and probably should have relaxed and had a homebrew but I didn't. I tried ringing and got no answer so I wrote an email to Allquip telling them I wasn't happy and suggested that maybe my money wasn't good enough for them. This was to be my last ditch effort to get them to respond - no joy, it's now midday on the following Monday and still no contact from Allquip.
I placed my order for a SS Pot from Grain & Grape yesterday - it will cost me more but at least I can calm down knowing that I will get my order.

Mick

G'day Mick. I would have given someone a spray too! You won't go wrong with John and the boys at G&G. I've been dealing with them for 15 years and they are tops in my book. :D

Mick

I bought my pot from them a couple of years ago and had no problem at all. I do seem to remember placing the order by phone rather than online though. I'm not even sure they did online ordering back then.

Cheers
Dave

I bought a 40 litre alu pot from them a couple of months ago, and had no trouble at all. Delivered two days after placing my order. However, I also placed my order by phone.

It's one of those little things that really irritates the shit out of me.

Shops with an online ordering system that don't give a rats arse about those who use their online ordering system. Yes you could just ring up but then why do they bother with the automated system if it fails. *sigh*

FWIW, I emailed allquip (info and CC sales) earler in the week requesting a quote for shipping on 2X100L Ally pots to my post code. I recieved a reply within an hour.

reVox

My Allquip experience went like this:

Me: (Rings phone) Hi can you give me the price and dimensions of your 70L SS stock pot?
Allquip: Can you ring back later I'm busy at the moment.
Me: (Hangs up phone)

The above is a true stroy and lucky for me I didn't buy it cause I ended up finding a cheap 100L SS on ebay.

I should add that now that I have posted this and sent them a link to the post in an email they now want to talk to me.

I rang these guys Wednesday, Thursday and Friday last week and not once did the person on the other end of the phone suggest that they could take my order.

I am not going back to that shop ever.

Mick

Hmmm first 2 posts and its to complain about a supplier,dont work for the competition do you?

Hmmm. So you posted the order on Tuesday, after 4 business days you are behaving like it's been three months. Man you do need to chill out! Not all businesses are geared towards amazon.com style despatches... Sometimes it's just one or two guys who have to serve customers, answers phones, bank cash and so on and so on.

I had a similar experience with them. Sent several emails, nothing. So I took my money elsewhere.

My 2c - I have bought a 36l SS and 100l Al pot from Allquip on separate occasions, ordered by phone and had them despatched the following day. I have no complaints. I think the lesson is deal with these guys by phone.

Gerard

This is the way that most of the companies that I deal with work. Companies wont call you back these days. This is a fact of life. If you want something call them.

I ordered two pots via the Allquip website about a year ago - transaction was timely and smooth. I had previously emailed Kens Commercial Kitchen and received no reply. Luck of the draw I guess.

Back