BrewPiLess. BrewPi on a single Wifi board.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moad said:
Apparently some libraries have 3d printers
gezzanet said:
Never new that. Might go looking for one around newie
Most major regional areas will have a makerspace (sometimes called a 'hackerspace') of some sort these days, and almost all of them should have a 3D printer of some description unless they're smaller/newer. Since the whole point of these places is DIY and self-education, I reckon an electronics/fabrication project for brewing would be right up their alley, and you might even be able to propose an exchange of a demo brew-day for some free 3D printed parts/electronics assistance.

Quite a few of the American makerspaces actually incorporate brewing activities into the space, sometimes branching out into mead/wine/cider, etc.

gezza has these guys local to Newcastle -- maybe hit them up and see if they'd be keen to do some 3D printing for you?

Hey guys, Haven't checked through the HBT thread yet but I have an issue.

Have got the relay wired up, the profile doesn't seem to be activating heating/cooling on the relay. If I set the output to "not inverted" in the brewpiless config then the relay activates. Any Ideas?

edit: If I set fridge const. temp it will activate the relays, just not when I set beer temp. Might be because I only have one probe

Moad said:
Hey guys, Haven't checked through the HBT thread yet but I have an issue.

Have got the relay wired up, the profile doesn't seem to be activating heating/cooling on the relay. If I set the output to "not inverted" in the brewpiless config then the relay activates. Any Ideas?

edit: If I set fridge const. temp it will activate the relays, just not when I set beer temp. Might be because I only have one probe
You will need 2 probes.

Has anyone found a need to change the settings in the sketch? tempcontrol.h looks like the relevant temp control settings.

Dibbz logging is simple once you have things in place. I can assist if you like, you'll need a web server to place a php that essentially relays from the arduino to gsheets

Good for live logging and also multiple units to one spreadsheet with different tabs.

I'm super impressed with the algorithm used on this

I have updated the brewpiless firmware.

WOW what an improvement in functionality. It looks like there is the opportunity for local logging of data. This appeals to me. I really only built the brewpiless after Brewpi for a learning experience. I also thought that it was a good solution for simple local control of fermentation.

Now that it supports iSpindel and the fermentation profile can be set using S.G. readings rather than over time, it provides the opportunity for outstanding fermentation control.

I just have the wifi board, relays and temperature probes just sitting loose. It looks like it is time to box it all up and get it into the fridge.

brewpiless.JPG

This may be a stupid question, but am I able to flash a nodemcu and start the AP with 2.0 without two temp probes connected and without relay board? AT the moment I only have one temp probe and the nodemcu on a breadboard.

I can't seem to connect after flashing with the windows nodemncu flasher - I never see the SSID appear to connect to. I've also attempted compiling and uploading via Arduino IDE but this doesn't work either

rocketpants said:
This may be a stupid question, but am I able to flash a nodemcu and start the AP with 2.0 without two temp probes connected and without relay board? AT the moment I only have one temp probe and the nodemcu on a breadboard.

I can't seem to connect after flashing with the windows nodemncu flasher - I never see the SSID appear to connect to. I've also attempted compiling and uploading via Arduino IDE but this doesn't work either
I use the Arduino IDE.

Since the board I used already had a previous version it remembered my network settings.

I am going to use the D1 mini pro board when I build it up in a box because I can attach an external antenna for better wifi reception. I'll let you know how this fresh flashing goes.

Does the brewpiless firmware compile and flash successfully? It's just the AP that isn't showing up?

Mattrox said:
Does the brewpiless firmware compile and flash successfully? It's just the AP that isn't showing up?
THanks for the response

It compiles fine using IDE 1.8.4 (I think that's the version) and I can upload to the nodemcu. I haven't built the binary from the IDE and attempted to upload that - I've just used the one in the repository

Mattrox said:
Since the board I used already had a previous version it remembered my network settings.
This was it. I had previously set up the board on a different project and it was already connecting to my wifi network and hence never activated the AP mode. I thought flashing it woudl lose all the previous settings but not so.

Back