BrewPiLess. BrewPi on a single Wifi board.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received the board, relay and probe, will flash the board and then mess up the soldering.

If all goes well I will make a few of these

interface up and running on the board easily enough, just needed to upload a settings file for it to load. Fairly intuitive to get running and change settings. Not much to it really, will just need to get another probe and a resistor from Jaycar then wire it up.

Thanks again for the heads up, this is should keep me going until a gravity + temp logger is released.

Moad said:
interface up and running on the board easily enough, just needed to upload a settings file for it to load. Fairly intuitive to get running and change settings. Not much to it really, will just need to get another probe and a resistor from Jaycar then wire it up.

Thanks again for the heads up, this is should keep me going until a gravity + temp logger is released.
I believe the guy who did this is working on intergrating ispindle (home spun tilt/brewometer) to this which while challenging, will be awesome.

Bloody ahb lost half my post.

Got my 1st shield 90% done waiting parts, and reconnection of my internet. Moad have you looked into the ispindle project at all, no net and other projects have kept me too busy .

Got a couple of these running on the wemos d1
. Have been using the brewpi arduino versions before this came along. Even though you can access graphs and temps on any device connected to your network this version has a much simpler way of adding a local LCD screen
Stuck it on a stir plate a while ago to play with it. Have been buying a few bits to make the home grown ispindle. Won't be long before the ispindle is integrated in the wemos d1 version
Once the ispindle is integrated I would think it won't be long before you can set a profile based on gravity.

Current brewpi version allows profile but is time based rather than gravity based
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1489573587.939135.jpg

I don't plan on using any LCD just use the web interface.

i didn't know about the other project... will check it out before I order more parts to make more of these

Well it looks as though it is really close to happening already, awesome!!

I love these projects and will keep an eye on the ispindle developments. Thanks gents

The LCD is I2c too simple not to have.(one of the 4 pin headers)
1489576312644.jpg
1489576337446.jpg
I've got 3 more to do, the 805 SMD's are nuts to solder.

The shields certainly look better and would be easier than my perf board. Which shield version did you use and whee did you source it ?

Can't link from the phone, but I used the all surface mount one. And I got them from pcb.io as linked in the thread. Just waiting the phone jack and some cables. Still it took 6 weeks so you may find better value using dirty pcbs.

Would be cool to make a custom board with the relays built in, change the layout so it can fit in a tube for the tilt stuff. Hopefully someone does it

Moad said:
Would be cool to make a custom board with the relays built in, change the layout so it can fit in a tube for the tilt stuff. Hopefully someone does it
The tilt would have to be seperate, wires would mess with it's ability to read gravity. Onboard relays pretty easy to do. Brewpiless has it's own tiny little server on board, therefore not dificult for it to grab data from a designate IP (such as the ispindle) and graph it with the rest of the data. And I would want 240v floating in my beer.

Mind you. An extension to this idea. The Ispindle has a built in temp chip so it could possibly be picked up by the brewpi board as the beer temp and therefore not need a thermowell in the beer.

I've been doing a bit more reading, I have a RPi that I can use so rather than setup a web server to proxy logs to google sheets I am thinking I will set the Rpi up.

Looks like ispindle is running on a wemos d1, have you got yours running Gezza? did you print the parts?

The latest version doesn't use/need google sheets all logged locally. 4mb onboard flash it'll log for a year or so.

I've got a wemos d1 running brewpi but haven't got the ispindle running yet. Still buying bits. Haven't printed the cradle yet. Been looking for the right preform tube. The linked source has run at present. My sons mate has a 3D printer I was going to hit him up for some

Back