BrewPi Arduino Fermentation Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gweedo

Reaction score
20160223_170016.jpg

Inside the box is Arduino UNO R3 Clone, with 2 channel 10A relay, using 2x IEC female sockets for heating and cooling power, 1x IEC male socket for mains power, 2x DS18B20 temp sensors running on OneWire system so I get ambient temp of the chamber, and the other sends back temp of my fermenter with will be slipped into a Thermowell mounted on side of the fermenter.

20160223_170002.jpg

Instead of buying a RPi, I utilized an Acer Netbook and flashed Debian Jessie (stable) and installed BrewPi.

20160225_172701.jpg

Control box sitting on top of fridge (Netbook not hooked up at this stage but will build me a stand on my work/brewing bench to monitor and configure beer profiles)

20160225_172605.jpg

Using a 50w 240v tube heater, chamber temp probe nicely concealed in top/roof of fridge chamber (not in pic), and beer temp probe waiting for the fermenter

20160225_172717.jpg

Over all pic of the set up, might make a clear acrylic leg to mount in the middle of the shelf for added weight support.

Its large enough to run 2 vessels but I will only run 1 at a time unless its a double batch of the same beer as I will configure different profiles for fermentation management. I have also by passed the thermostat so that I can cold crash or lager as a steady temp. I don't have enough room in the shed for 2 fridges (ferment chamber and a cold crash/lager fridge) as well as my distilling gear and brewing gear and storage.

Latest posts

Back