Brewmate

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobtheBrewer

Reaction score
Today I was creating a recipe on Brewmate and accidentally added an ingredient that wasn't supposed to be in the recipe. It's just sitting there, no amounts etc. Is there any way that I can delete it? It's going to look out of place when I print the recipe.

only used it a few times so not sure. can you right click then select delete. or double click and delete or remove it?

see the coloumn next to the amount (mine is in kgs), its called delete. If you click on the button in the row it will delete the ingredient.

see the coloumn next to the amount (mine is in kgs), its called delete. If you click on the button in the row it will delete the ingredient.

What he said. You may need to update your version as I reckon this was only added a few version ago.

Brewmate is cool, and easy :rolleyes:

Yeah, now I can see it. Maybe I should give myself a good whack over the head with my white cane. Thanks for the valuable lesson - look!!!

:icon_offtopic:

Not trying to hijack the thread but.....

I've been a happy BrewMate user for the past 6 months since moving from K&K to BAIB. I have nothing but praise for the application - does everything I want plus more. But, I often hear about other brewers talking about Beersmith. Is there any advantage to moving across to Beersmith? Or is BrewMate just as good and deserving of the donation requested on the website?

I had both when i first started. I stuck with brewmate because it had less things i could do with it (which meant less things to stuff up). PLus i find brewmate nicer to look at, which is important if you're going to be staring at it imagining different beer you're going to make.
Another feature of brewmate i really like is the nochill box. Automatically adds 15mins to all you additions.

I've been a happy BrewMate user for the past 6 months since moving from K&K to BAIB. I have nothing but praise for the application - does everything I want plus more. But, I often hear about other brewers talking about Beersmith. Is there any advantage to moving across to Beersmith? Or is BrewMate just as good and deserving of the donation requested on the website?

Good insight, thanks.

I've always seen the no chill option, but never thought about what it actually did. I've now had a fiddle with it (the no chill option) and think that I understand.

Thanks!

I had both when i first started. I stuck with brewmate because it had less things i could do with it (which meant less things to stuff up). PLus i find brewmate nicer to look at, which is important if you're going to be staring at it imagining different beer you're going to make.
Another feature of brewmate i really like is the nochill box. Automatically adds 15mins to all you additions.

Is there any advantage to moving across to Beersmith? Or is BrewMate just as good and deserving of the donation requested on the website?

Beersmith now works natively under Linux :wub:

If your a Linux user its the ducks guts :D we're a bit limited with options for Beer designing software.

Brewmate is awesome. Have been using it for a long time. Fave features are the timers, and the no chill checkbox.
Beersmith is awesome too. Much more configurable, but due to this is also more complex. Depending on your brewing needs, may be way overkill.
Beertools Pro is also awesome. This is the program i orignally started brewing with and i love it. The user interface is excellent, very modern feel and the printouts are excellent.

Brewmate - FREE, has alarms, no chill adjustment, very simple. All you may ever need. Would i use it and give a donation? Yes i do, and yes i have donated.
Beersmith - one of the three most complete recipe formulation software packages on the market. Overkill? Maybe. Hard to use? YEP (initially). Once youre used to it, its fine. No alarms, no no chill adjustment - have to do it manually. Brewday printout is excellent.
Beertools Pro - the most modern feel, nicest to look at. Doesnt have no chill adjustment - have to manually calculate it, but it does have excellent inventory features so i always know what ive got to brew with when planning recipes. (i live 500ks from a HBS that stocks grain).

At the moment, i am using beertools pro and brewmate. I dont just stick with one program. I find it interesting and beneficial using each of them for a number of reasons....to long to go into now....

There is a really good timer you can download if interested in using beersmith or beertools pro. I think its literally called 'brewery timer'. Google is your friend.

Both beersmith and beertools pro will set you back some coin (approx $30 each) but you do get free updates with them.

Brewmate is free which is amazing, and i still love using it due to its simplicity but also accuracy. And it has no chill and timers...

Back