Brewmate Update

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukasfab

Reaction score
can anyone tell me if you update brewmate from v1.22 to v1.42 does it wipe out saved recipes?

nah its fine it just updates the core components, but v1.42? I just fired it up and it said update to 1.25, and that seems the most current. updated and all my recipes are still there :)

Hey lukasfab,

Update is to program only, No recipes/settings are ever wiped. There is also a Backup (File>Backup) feature if you wanted to be extra precocious
or you can upload favorite recipes to the cloud (File>Publish Recipe) so no need to ever loose a sacred recipe :p

markymoo is correct, the latest version is v1.25. This was just a quick update to get the encoding compatible with some of the
Android apps people are using out there and a few other minor things users have notified us about.

BrewMate v1.25 - 4/9/12

* fixed bug in Notes. when you press space after pressing date/time it added date/time again
* fixed MASH text in *F mode
* removed "." from names when saving for better compatability
* changed BeerXML Encoding for better compatibility with other BeerXML Apps.

Cheers Rob.

yeah v1.25, don't know where i got v1.4

cool thanks

Randyrob, is this your baby?

Im another happy user. While there are few bugs (well, on the old version, I havent upgraded), once you get to know them, its great. I love the simplicity of the software and its usability.

I've noticed some odd behaviour with the EBC calculator and the popup style guidelines for colour. the numbers don't match up to where you should be in terms of when the guideline.

For example with an ebc of 59.9 it is highlighted yellow meaning it is out of style and 60 it is no longer yellow and is shown as within style. but when I hover the mouse over the ebc output it reads "COLOUR 116- 155" which is not correct. This is not an issue when using SRM scale. I suspect you have parrallel conversion calculators and one has a bug (or even calculated twice???)

Not really an issue but it is probably pretty quick to track down and fix as it is a specific section of calculation code.

Otherwise I've been very happy with brewmate

Randyrob, is this your baby?

Im another happy user. While there are few bugs (well, on the old version, I havent upgraded), once you get to know them, its great. I love the simplicity of the software and its usability.

Guilty as charged. Appreciate the kind words!

I've noticed some odd behaviour with the EBC calculator and the popup style guidelines for colour. the numbers don't match up to where you should be in terms of when the guideline.

For example with an ebc of 59.9 it is highlighted yellow meaning it is out of style and 60 it is no longer yellow and is shown as within style. but when I hover the mouse over the ebc output it reads "COLOUR 116- 155" which is not correct. This is not an issue when using SRM scale. I suspect you have parrallel conversion calculators and one has a bug (or even calculated twice???)

Not really an issue but it is probably pretty quick to track down and fix as it is a specific section of calculation code.

Otherwise I've been very happy with brewmate

Hey Black Labb,

Well spotted, you are completely correct - I was calculating the EBC twice (once for the tool tip and another time for the Highlighted box)
I've corrected that and it's in the latest build on the BrewMate website. Thanks for explaining the problem in detail makes it easy to find and resolve.

i wish it would on mac

Hey DazDog,

I would be happy to open up the source to a Mac Developer and get it ported.

Cheers everyone

Rob.

Rob, I reckon its great in this day & age when everyone tries to turn over a quick buck, that you combine your passion of brewing with your expertise and release such a software application for the love of it.

Do you actively review bug reports, if so I would be glad to assist from time to time.

Now that I have kissed butt, I want a free copy of the application ! oh, wait.......... :lol:

Keep up the good work.

I have found brewmate to be my software of choice but yep, I went all out Mac recently.

Do you wish to stay true to the free nature of your software? I think you would make a killing selling it as a cheap app for ios and android. I would support it.

It's fantastic & my software of choice. I have BeerSmith 1 & 2 & Beer Tools Pro but BrewMate suits me the best. The full BIAB support & no chill check box leaves the others lacking a bit. I have found my brew days are spot on with the BrewMate calculations.
Great work Rob.

Hey Black Labb,

Well spotted, you are completely correct - I was calculating the EBC twice (once for the tool tip and another time for the Highlighted box)
I've corrected that and it's in the latest build on the BrewMate website. Thanks for explaining the problem in detail makes it easy to find and resolve.

Rob.

No trouble.

I've been shocked to find nothing anything close to as smooth as brew mate on android since getting a tablet a week ago. I'd happily pay for brew mate on android. Until then I'll be using the other softwares for notes and brew mate once I'm on a real computer. Great job once again

DazDog said:
i wish it would on mac
Hi DazDog,

I work on a Mac and can access the use of BrewMate also. You can easily access the use of most PC software via thrid party plugins.
Please see below for a easy work around:

Install virtualbox on macos - https://www.virtualbox.org/

Run command to download IE VMS - http://osxdaily.com/2011/09/04/internet-explorer-for-mac-ie7-ie8-ie-9-free/

enter this into terminal:
curl -s https://raw.github.com/xdissent/ievms/master/ievms.sh | IEVMS_VERSIONS="9" bash

Install brewmate - http://www.brewmate.net/

I hope this helps....

Back