Another way to add grains and hops to Brewmate especially a large amount at once is do this.
1. Ask a brewing mate who happens to already have a lot of grains added into brewmate if he can send you the BMData.xml file from within the brewmate folder on his computer.
2. Replace your BMData.xml file with his...Or if he has say a lot of Thomas Fawcett grains and you have a lot of say Weyermann and you dont want to completely replace yours then do this.
3. Download and install the free program called Notepad ++
4. Create a back up copy of your existing BMData.xml file. Then open your BMData.xml file in notepad ++ and also open your mates BMData.xml file in Notepad ++ (but first rename it to say BMDatamate.xml so you know which is which)
5. In your mates file scroll down until you see the grain tags and copy and paste all of them from your mates file into your file just above the closing grains tag.
<name>Wheat Malt, Dark</name>
</grain> paste your new grains here
6. Then you can do a search>find>find all in current document and it will show you all the duplicates you have and what line they are on. You can just delete what you think isnt so accurate and keep what you think is.
7. Save the BMData.xml file and copy it back into Brewmate replacing the existing file.