Brewmate Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArcLight

Reaction score
I apologize if this is not the correct forum, I searched and didn't see where this would go.

My question is:
using BrewMate - I enter the grain bill, and final water volume. But where does it show me the amount of strike water i need for the Mash, and the temperature? Also, where does it show the sparge water needed?

Is there somewhere people have posed some questions/answers pertaining to Brewmate? The official website doesn't have much.
Its nice looking software, that is easy to use. I'd like to read any documentation there is.

Did anyone mention the Brew Day button yet? B)

There are all sorts of little lurks and perks in BrewMate. One that I like is the "lock ingredients" option so that if need to increase the volume (say from 24 to 25L ) it doesn't re-scale all the ingredients which can be a total pain to fix.

Also if you need to enter new items (for example a new yeast coming on the market) make sure you enter all the required fields or the program may go haywire and calculate weird results.

Great program, can't wait for a version that supports step mashes.

Did anyone mention the Brew Day button yet? B)

There are all sorts of little lurks and perks in BrewMate. One that I like is the "lock ingredients" option so that if need to increase the volume (say from 24 to 25L ) it doesn't re-scale all the ingredients which can be a total pain to fix.

Also if you need to enter new items (for example a new yeast coming on the market) make sure you enter all the required fields or the program may go haywire and calculate weird results.

Great program, can't wait for a version that supports step mashes.

+1 for step mashes, would make this program more awesomer. I have to put my steps in the brew day notes and use my iphone timer for my mash, then switch to the boiltimer. Also just a manual timer would be good so you can set it to countdown flameout additions before whirlpooling, and whirlpool time etc. Stop watch is sort of useless so this should be a manual timer instead.

I reckon the program's awesomeness is that it's simple.

I reckon the program's awesomeness is that it's simple.

Too true, especially compared to other programs. My dad can even use it and hes older than Bribie and not very tech savvy, unlike Bribie (Who now drives a smart phone).. :p

OK, I am dense, I do not see a button anywhere "Brew Day" (version 1.22)

Under teh Calendar Button there is a Brew day check Box that is checked.
But no button to push.

Mine looks like this:

brewmate_shot_showing_brew_day.JPG

brewmate_shot_showing_brew_day_2.JPG

here 'tis...

Untitled.jpg

EDIT: clearly Bribie is faster with 'paint' than i am.....

Hmm, mine doesnt have that button! (Brew day)

I will try reloading it!

- Rats - didn't help.
I went to the website, I see that button on their screen shot, but I don't have it.
I reinstalled it.
Didnt help

anybody had a crack at BrewTarget ?

http://brewtarget.sourceforge.net/

doesnt seem to get much credence around here if I search, though at first glance it looks similar to brewmate albiet more complex with a few more variables for configuration of specific equipment . I am wading through both right now and running them side by side to see which suits. Leaning toward Brewmate as I type....

Does it have V1.22 at the top of the page?
may need updating.
It may be one of your settings too.

Thats like waking up and the sun not being there. :wacko:

Happens to me for 6 months of the year, Chunkious.

doesnt seem to get much credence around here if I search, though at first glance it looks similar to brewmate albiet more complex with a few more variables for configuration of specific equipment . I am wading through both right now and running them side by side to see which suits. Leaning toward Brewmate as I type....
Just downloaded it. Linux native! Nice.

Looks a bit homemade but we'll see how it runs.

No good to me......all in a foreign language : US gallons and ounces.

OP, you could try pm-ing the developer, He's randyrob on this forum. Been a bit quiet lately, maybe just very busy, but hopefully he'll be able to sort it.

Back