Brewmate Glitch On Installing New Versions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
I'm putting this in Recipes and Ingredients, as there is no Software sub forum for some reason.

When Brewmate announces a new version and I update, all my current recipes are retained, but my ingredients lists get reset to "default" and I lose any ingredients that I have added in the past.

Now here's a funny thing. If I open a recipe from the past that contains a custom ingredient, then it now becomes available in the ingredients list.

Here's a shot of a brand new recipe, choosing a base malt. Then I open an old recipe, this time with BB malt as an ingredient. This now appears in the ingredients pick list.

brewmate_ingredients_prob_1.jpg

On going back to start the brand new recipe, the BB has obviously been re-instated in the pick list. So to retrieve my former pick list I need to reopen every past recipe?

brewmate_ingredients_prob_2.jpg

Maybe a wee txt file isn't being saved somewhere when we update ?? I haven't noticed this problem in the past, just now as I'm getting back into brewing and recently upgraded my BM.

Latest posts

Back