Brewmans cranky pants pale ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone brew this? how did she taste?
Good question and hope to see what people think. There have been many kits of this one go out.

I have just run this brew through the brew house again here recently. Considering where I want this beer to be, I found the body just a little light.

So I am going to make an adjustment. The recipe as it stands uses Barrett Burston Pilsner malt. The only change I am making is to replace the Pilsner with the Barrett Burston Ale malt.

Because there may be brewers out there that like this "lighter" version, I will leave it as the original and create a new one, and name it Version 2, "V2".

Might do that now.

Have tasted both
upload_2019-5-6_21-30-35.png

Mark

Try both by all means.

I would start with the second version. See what you think and judge from there about using the Pilsner malt.

Cheers Steve
Hi Brewman, a couple of questions on your recipe
When do I add the 5 and 10 min hops? what is the EBC or L of the heritage crystal medium and the caramalt, I cant find them on beersmith and have a bit of caramalt and crystal 55L.
What is the estimated delivery time to Sydney from your store?
Cheers Pete!

Hi Brewman, a couple of questions on your recipe
When do I add the 5 and 10 min hops? what is the EBC or L of the heritage crystal medium and the caramalt, I cant find them on beersmith and have a bit of caramalt and crystal 55L.
What is the estimated delivery time to Sydney from your store?
Cheers Pete!
Hi Pete,

Delivery to Sydney is overnight. Deliveries picked up say Tuesday morning and deliveries to most parts of Sydney and Melbourne as well will be next day - Wednesday.

On the Malts.
The medium Caramalt is EBC 71.2
The Heritage Crystal is EBC 142.4

The hop additions.
5 min. Add at 5 mins before flameout
10 min. Add into the whirlpool.

Cheers Steve

Hi Pete,

Delivery to Sydney is overnight. Deliveries picked up say Tuesday morning and deliveries to most parts of Sydney and Melbourne as well will be next day - Wednesday.

On the Malts.

The hop additions.

Cheers Steve
Awesome thanks a lot!

Hi Pete,

On the Malts.

The hop additions.

Cheers Steve
Hi Brewman, what is the original batch size,efficiency,trub loss and original gravity of the no2 version of your recipe? I put it into beersmith and im getting an OG of 1.052
Do I boil for 60mins with the no2 version?
Cheers

Hi Brewman, what is the original batch size,efficiency,trub loss and original gravity of the no2 version of your recipe? I put it into beersmith and im getting an OG of 1.052
Do I boil for 60mins with the no2 version?
Cheers
Just go into Brewbulider and load up V2.

It will load the recipe in line with your personal settings. So you should have set up batch size, kettle loss, because that's specific to your brewery.

All the other details are on the recipe sheet. Boil times, etc.

The OG should be around 1047.

Get into brewbuilder and have a look there.

Cheers Steve

Latest posts

Back