Brewman Postage

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Steve,

Was checking out the site, have joined up and logged in but am unable to open BrewBuilder just get redirected to the member details page. Is there anything else I need to do?

Cheers

Les the Weizguy said:
@Steve , have you added our winning Belgian GSA Ale yet?

Should be a good recipe to share.
Hey Les,
Not yet. If your happy to add it I will go ahaead. Put it up in the next couple days.

Bonenose said:
Hi Steve,

Was checking out the site, have joined up and logged in but am unable to open BrewBuilder just get redirected to the member details page. Is there anything else I need to do?

Cheers
Just activated your account. Try now and you should be fine to get into BrewBuilder.

Cheers Steve.

Just checked it out all good, looks impressive I can see myself wasting a lot of work time trolling through recipes.

Cheers

Seems to be something being discussed a bit lately, the use of Oxygen kits.

So I thought ... Brewman special on postage for the Aeration kit $11 Australia wide. (Excluding remote islands), But Tassie is OK. :D

The kit retails for $175, so all up cost would be $186 anywhere in Australia.

Link to Aeration kit.
http://www.brewman.com.au/web/showproduct.asp?prodid=856

If you want a wand too, no worries - the postage is no more.
Wand is here:
http://www.brewman.com.au/web/showproduct.asp?prodid=951

Cheers Steve

Hay,Steve, I note you haven't got the 1kg express satchels listed last page, they only sell them in 10 packs but are a good fit between the 500 and 3kg..

Ask about them at ya local po

Yob said:
Hay,Steve, I note you haven't got the 1kg express satchels listed last page, they only sell them in 10 packs but are a good fit between the 500 and 3kg..

Ask about them at ya local po
Hmm.
I have most other things. Consider them added.

Thanks Yob.

As most know I use mainly Fastway.

But there are some exceptions.

And probably worth mentioning, that some customers set a preference to be Auspost. And that is noted on the delivery labels in my system so that they go that way always, and postage is calculated based on that option.

On the other hand in general some of the Auspost services are a better choice and so I use them, as a default.

I try to choose the best delivery option available that provides a good level of service at a reasonable price.

i must remember to make a note to use auspost next time. the fastway packages end up getting delivered to me by them any way so no real point for the double handling. the officeworks option worked well for me getting delivered in early January as well good value and only about a week for delivery to whittlesea even though it was in the holiday period.when everything takes longer. i cant say enough how good the communication from mark and steve was either it was a1. all thats missing is the range of gladfield malts so i can order everything for each brew in one place instead of paying postage for bits from here and bits from there.

BEERHOG said:
i must remember to make a note to use auspost next time. the fastway packages end up getting delivered to me by them any way so no real point for the double handling. the officeworks option worked well for me getting delivered in early January as well good value and only about a week for delivery to whittlesea even though it was in the holiday period.when everything takes longer. i cant say enough how good the communication from mark and steve was either it was a1. all thats missing is the range of gladfield malts so i can order everything for each brew in one place instead of paying postage for bits from here and bits from there.
Hey BEERHOG
Just keep in mind that the freight cost may vary depending on who you specify to start the process, and in the end the same van delivers your goods. No point paying more for the same van?

On Gladfield's...

Brewman does have Gladfield's malts, they are new here. Is there a malt that you feel is in the Gladfield range that isn't covered by the Weyermann, Thomas Fawcett's, Baird's, Barrett Burston, Simpson's ranges?

Cheers Steve

Gladfields are the best locally available malts (I know they're nz but that's closer than bamberg). Shits all over most AU malts I've tried and compare very favourably to wey or ding in respective malt types (and I love wey and ding).

Good you have them in, expect them to do well.

I like what I see. so far.

I have some brewing to do with them myself.

I have had a few questions about the $20 for 10Kg freight service.

This only applies to remote areas where services are limited. There are much better rates for most Capital cities, regional cities and all of NSW.

To help clarify see the map below. If you live in the White or Grey areas, or any Orange dots or the Green dots in Tassie or QLD then the $20 for 10Kg applies. That is basically all of WA, SA, NT, TAS, some of QLD and some of VIC, and NOT NSW.

For NSW.
Brown - Hunter Newcastle, $6 for 25Kgs.
The green, (Lime dots in NSW) are $15 and that covers 25Kg not 10Kg). That is basically the region from Port Macquarie to Ulladulla. (There are a few pockets of exception in that area)
RED, $15 for first 5Kg and $5 per 5kg thereafter up to a max. of 25Kg
PINK. $26 for 25Kg

Fastway map.JPG

I should note Steve, went to restock the 1kg satchels today and AP have changed the game, the satchels I was given are Vic only between potcode numbers.. if national arent also given, I'll be discontinuing.. sorry for a bum steer..

Hi Steve, Is this limited to 1 x 10Kg package per order and if not is there still a 25Kg limit? Cheers.

Yob said:
I should note Steve, went to restock the 1kg satchels today and AP have changed the game, the satchels I was given are Vic only between potcode numbers.. if national arent also given, I'll be discontinuing.. sorry for a bum steer..
OK, thanks for the heads up.

There's some other things like that I have seen or they would just be very inconvenient at the customers end for pickup, so I steer clear of them.

Cheers Yob

wildburkey said:
Hi Steve, Is this limited to 1 x 10Kg package per order and if not is there still a 25Kg limit? Cheers.
Hi Wildburkey,

The 10Kg for $20 is limited quite strictly to 10Kgs. You could order more, but I would break it down into max. 10Kg boxes.

I think you're in a green Tassie zone, so the 25Kg box, yes, there is a 25kg limit but it's a different postage option, that would be more like around $50. So works out about the same either way for you. That option remains.

Cheers Steve

Latest posts

Back