Brewman Postage

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewman_

AHB Sponsor
AHB Sponsor
Reaction score
New Brewman topic for updates around postage.

We have been looking around for a postage option for the brewers that live in remote areas,

There are lots of brewers off the beaten track and delivery charges are quite often the determining factor about how you get your brewing supplies. And what makes matters worse you generally can't get much locally at all. If your one of these Brewers you know who you are.

New to Brewman is a delivery option that covers up to 10Kg delivered anywhere in Australia for $20. There are a few exceptions, such as if you live on one of the islands. Tasmania is fine and included in the offer.

Aeration kits
We often get asked about the delivery of the Aeration kit too. Delivery for it is $15 Australia wide. Less in some areas.

I could go on.

Cheers Steve

The 10Kg delivered to anywhere in Australia for $20 is getting a good following. That's pretty much 2 standard brews.

Cheers Steve

It is not Aus Post.

It is a courier.

Not having a shot at Steve or anyone in particular but seeing as this thread is current, it would be good to see a bit more flexibility across all the retailers in posting small items such as for example a pressure relief valve, two packs of Nottingham and a 100g foil of hops.

Currently the only option seems to be a sodding great satchel for around $12 or whatever, whilst a lot of small stuff could just go into an Auspost envelope or padded bag for maybe $4 or whatever depending on the order. I'm sure that a lot of small purchases don't get made because of the "satchel tax".

Of course that means that somebody has to pop down to the PO or nearest post box but that could reap rewards in terms of customer loyalty.

Bribie G said:
Not having a shot at Steve or anyone in particular but seeing as this thread is current, it would be good to see a bit more flexibility across all the retailers in posting small items such as for example a pressure relief valve, two packs of Nottingham and a 100g foil of hops.

Currently the only option seems to be a sodding great satchel for around $12 or whatever, whilst a lot of small stuff could just go into an Auspost envelope or padded bag for maybe $4 or whatever depending on the order. I'm sure that a lot of small purchases don't get made because of the "satchel tax".

Of course that means that somebody has to pop down to the PO or nearest post box but that could reap rewards in terms of customer loyalty.
Hi Bribie,
Not taken as a shot at all.

This is in fact exactly what I do.

I use more than one provider. And dry yeast satchels can go regular post. They rarely do since it is uncommon for such an order on Brewman.

I have 500g, 3Kg, 5Kg Auspost, Fastway satchels ready to go. as well as postage stamps for envelopes.

This is only a big deal for long distance.

Like in Newcastle, 25Kgs is delivered for $6.
from Port Macquarie to Ulladulla 25Kgs is delivered for $15.

But regional and interstate it's a different story, hence the $20 / 10Kg. I have been looking for this for some time.

I am always looking at new postage options, and packaging, so while you say you want to see it I reckon you're looking right at it.

Fastway have their sweet spot and so does Aus Post. I buy most of the prepaid packaging in bulk so the only reason I do drop into the Aus post office is to have the item scanned to start the tracking. The red boxes don't get scanned until they hit the regional destination sorting centre.

Cheers Steve

I've often thought about the time used in mailing. Must be a PITA if you had late orders to go out after already doing the mail run.
Time = money people.
It used to really grind me having to deal with ordering, postage, extended delivery times, lost orders, etc. now ive learnt to take a deep breath and move on.
Tassie prob has better delivery times than me, and they've got that strip of water in the way.

Stouter said:
I've often thought about the time used in mailing. Must be a PITA if you had late orders to go out after already doing the mail run.
Time = money people.
It used to really grind me having to deal with ordering, postage, extended delivery times, lost orders, etc. now ive learnt to take a deep breath and move on.
Tassie prob has better delivery times than me, and they've got that strip of water in the way.
Yeah, it can be time consuming, but that's how things roll in this business.

One other thing I should point out.

The postage costs often are governed by the packaging rather than the weight of the product.

Like a Wyeast could go in an envelope all over the country, but generally for longer deliveries ice is needed and insulation, and that pushes the yeast into at least a 500g satchel and more often than not a 3Kg satchel.

Delivery times are funny. Melbourne customers get better delivery times than some customers in the Hunter Newcastle areas. It's all about volumes and the main delivery routes. Trucks run out of Newcastle for Melbourne / Brisbane / Sydney every night. They hit the DC's before the local drivers depart and it's all hands on deck to sort those into the drivers bays before they go out on their first runs. Some will go out in the afternoon as many routes get two deliveries per day. So overnight delivery to any of these cities is not uncommon out of Newcastle.

Thanks Steve, good to know about different options.

Yeah I'm glad you asked.

I'll post some more updates soon with other postage options too. I thought it needed it's own thread.
Cheers Steve.

I have had two deliveries from Brewman with the $20 shipping to regional Victoria and have been very happy with it, including a personal call to check up on the first order as I think I was one of the first Guinea Pig customers :) I happened to be in a pub in Dublin at the time, enjoying some Smithwicks Red, so the feedback was glowing ;)
The combination of the Brewbuilder app & $10 a brew postage makes it a winner for me, just paid for my third order today.

Cheers.

Good flexibility.

I know I keep promising but some time in 2017, I'll be getting a BM oxygen kit.

And when you get it, you will take your shirt off and thrash yourself mercilessly with the tubing as punishment for not getting it earlier.

Or in the case of Tasmania, take off your ski coat, your jumper, your flannie, your t shirt and your singlet then.......

NathanG said:
I have had two deliveries from Brewman with the $20 shipping to regional Victoria and have been very happy with it, including a personal call to check up on the first order as I think I was one of the first Guinea Pig customers :) I happened to be in a pub in Dublin at the time, enjoying some Smithwicks Red, so the feedback was glowing ;)
The combination of the Brewbuilder app & $10 a brew postage makes it a winner for me, just paid for my third order today.

Cheers.
Hi Nathan,

You most certainly were the guinea pig for the $20 Aus wide service. That service is something that has been missing.

I am happy to say that since out conversation the service has been improved a little more too.

I was very envious of you when we spoke, I can just imagine the pub and the beer there.

Cheers for the feedback.

Your order is packed and ready to go.

Cheers Steve

Sounds great will have to check this out. Trying to get anything to Darwin is painful and local supplies are limited. I assume with the brewbuilder app you can do up recipes?

Bonenose said:
Sounds great will have to check this out. Trying to get anything to Darwin is painful and local supplies are limited. I assume with the brewbuilder app you can do up recipes?
Yes that's right.

BrewBuilder is a recipe data base.

Can use a recipe from the list of which there's quite a lot.
Or make up your own recipe. It load one you have got from somewhere else.

Cheers Steve.

Latest posts

Back