BREWMAN News

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just about time to order yeast again.

Let me know what you want.

Hey Steve (@Brewman_ ) have i missed the boat?

If not 2 x 2278 Czech Pils and 1 x 2565 Kolsch please

Thanks mate.
No you haven't missed the boat.

Actually I got the last delivery 2 weeks ago and I have these ones now from late January.

The next order is not confirmed yet.

But if you want them get in fast as I only have those quantities.

Cheers Steve

Hi Steve, 2 X 1187 for me please.

Did I miss the memo that 1450 is on the all-year-round range now? If yes, I'll take 2 of them as well.

Thanks, Andy
Hi Andy,
Yeah 1450 is all year round. I have plenty of them now.

I have one 1187 that is fresh as a daisy?

Cheers Steve

No you haven't missed the boat.

Actually I got the last delivery 2 weeks ago and I have these ones now from late January.

The next order is not confirmed yet.

But if you want them get in fast as I only have those quantities.

Cheers Steve

I'll hold off for now as I wasn't planning on brewing them for a few weeks anyway so might work out better if I wait for the next order. Thanks mate

My order arrived this morning. Very well packed and yeast still cold on a hot day in Sydney.

Excellent work, Brewman!

hey steve,

are you still selling sod perc in 5kg bags? or only 1kg jerry now? hoping to add to my latest order.

The Sodium Perc has been out of stock in 5Kg. It is coming back and could arrive today, fingers crossed.

I'll chase and let you know

The Sodium Perc has been out of stock in 5Kg. It is coming back and could arrive today, fingers crossed.

I'll chase and let you know

Thanks steve good to know its
Still avalible, no rush. Ill hold off my grain order till you get it in!

Will test out a jerry of your brewery wash as well. Cheers

Thanks steve good to know its
Still avalible, no rush. Ill hold off my grain order till you get it in!

Will test out a jerry of your brewery wash as well. Cheers
5Kg of Perc will be available by the end of next week.

Cheers Steve

This has been on order for a couple weeks, so apologies to those that have placed order etc.

Apparently theres been some supply issues with China where this stuff comes from.

Hang in there, it will come back

Wyeast order - time to finalise.

Anyone after fresh Wyeast? Will add to my order and you will get the fresh stuff off the plane.

Also looking at a discount on Kolsch recipes. I have recently got the Weyermann Cologne malt. Will post more details about the malt soon, plus some Kolsch recipes.

Basically pre - buy a Kolsch or German Ale yeast and I'll discount the Cologne Malt with that order to the same price as the Australian Ale malt, $3.95 / Kg. This premium malt normally retails at $4.75 / Kg.

Cheers Steve

Steve put me down for a kolsch yeast and a wyeast 3068 and I’ll add them to next order when they arrive if that’s ok . Time to try some different brew types

Steve put me down for a 2565 and a 1007 and I will grab 10kg of the Cologne Malt under your deal please.

Cheers,

Adam.

Here's the details on the Weyermann Cologne malt.

Weyermann® Cologne Malt is a kilned lager-style malt made from the highest quality, two-row, German spring barley.
This outstanding base malt can make up 100% of your malt bill or enrich it with any of the exceptional speciality malts produced by Weyermann®.

The Weyermann® Cologne Malt creates medium-full bodied, golden coloured, smooth clean tasting beers and delivers all the characteristics required for ales and lagers. It imparts malty-sweet notes to finished beer while offering gentle notes of bread crusts, biscuit, toffee, as well as honey, almond and hazelnut aromas.

Colour Range – 7-9 EBC

Flavour Profile:

Cologne Malt flavour wheel.png

Kolsch Recipes.

Here are two recipes. One is a traditional Golden Kolsch, the other uses Kiwi hops, and I say why not! Love the Kiwi hops.
Kiwi Kolsch - courtesy of Cryer Malt

Kolsch Golden.png
Kiwi Kolsch.png

Last edited:
Back