Brewman Dealz

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BrewBright is a kettle fining with PVPP that chemically binds haze forming polyphenols
There is another product Polyclar 70/30+ 90g that is a blend of Silica Xerogel and PVPP that is for use in bright beer, it isn't the same as Biofine but closely related and works in a similar way.
Being a powder it requires a bit more preparation (hydrate in cold sterile water for a couple of hours) before adding to the fermenter the day before running off or filtering.
I always use BrewBright, and use 70/30 on the odd occasion I want a lager to sparkle.
Mark

Attachments

• Polyclar Plus 730 Single-use.pdf
    583.3 KB · Views: 383
For those ordering the resins, here are the colours.
Purple - Simcoe
Green - Cascade
Blue - Mosaic.

The colours are also on the website in the products details
Cheers Steve

BrewBright is a kettle fining with PVPP that chemically binds haze forming polyphenols
There is another product Polyclar 70/30+ 90g that is a blend of Silica Xerogel and PVPP that is for use in bright beer, it isn't the same as Biofine but closely related and works in a similar way.
Being a powder it requires a bit more preparation (hydrate in cold sterile water for a couple of hours) before adding to the fermenter the day before running off or filtering.
I always use BrewBright, and use 70/30 on the odd occasion I want a lager to sparkle.
Mark

Hey Mark,

I’ve got some 70/30 and a lager in primary (used brewbrite in the WP). If you add the 70/30 in primary does it have any detrimental impact to the viability of the yeast cake for repitching purposes? If so, would it be better added to the keg like I currently do with gelatin?

Sorry if too off topic Brewman!

I think Steve might be the only retailer that stocks it, so probably as good a place as any.
The best time to use 70/30 is right at the end of the ferment, if I was going to crop the yeast I would rack off the yeast cake if I was going to be using it for repitching.
Cool to Crash/Lagering (0oC give or take), when the beer has dropped bright or finished lagering, add the 70/30, leave overnight, filter or transfer to keg.
It shouldn't damage the yeast in any way, but it would add to the bulk of the yeast cake, as does gelatine, isinglass... or any other fining.
This probably isn't the right place for a deep and meaningful on yeast cropping, but I think if you want to crop from a fermenter racking is necessary to get the yeast with high viability, low amounts of trub and harvested at the highest vitality, so for mine racking after fining adds no extra work and you end up with cleaner beer, less trub in the keg and in this case a better yeast crop.
Mark

Steve, having continuing password problems for some reason. I'm onto about my third psswd for this year, and the site is trying to send me a new one, but it's not arriving at my Yahoo account.
Trying to place an order for dealz.

Cheers

Steve, having continuing password problems for some reason. I'm onto about my third psswd for this year, and the site is trying to send me a new one, but it's not arriving at my Yahoo account.
Trying to place an order for dealz.

Cheers
Hi Michael,

Did you want me to set another password?

Give me a call if you need to.

0490 116 025

Cheers Steve

I am having some serious fridge shortage and need to make space.

Until sold out, if you buy 4 or more Dealz items I'll throw in free one of either,
Bravo 225g Dealz
or
Sterling 225g Dealz
or
French Aramis 225g Dealz

You'll need to make a note on the order, which one you want.

That'll make some much needed room. And they are all nice hops.

Cheers Steve

Oh and watch the weight, and consider the extra 225g when you order the postage option.

I ******* love these 'dealz' if I ever get to brew again I'll be making good use

Nice one Steve :)
Now you just need to convince the guy running Foragers Drop to dedicate a tap.. to your own creations! Something really tasty.

I think the owner can make a beer.;)

I figure this might be the best place to ask, anyone have any experience adding the resin to a cube?

I've just whirlpool'd so will be filling a cube in ~ 20mins... Thinking of adding 1mL Cascade resin for ~15 ibu (according to beersmith) instead of pellets. (Will get some cascade lupiN2 for the dry hop)

I figure this might be the best place to ask, anyone have any experience adding the resin to a cube?

I've just whirlpool'd so will be filling a cube in ~ 20mins... Thinking of adding 1mL Cascade resin for ~15 ibu (according to beersmith) instead of pellets. (Will get some cascade lupiN2 for the dry hop)
Hi Judanero,

I haven't heard of anyone doing that before.

If Beer smith is calculating 15 IBU's and your working that into your numbers it should be OK.

What AA% numbers does Beersmith have for the resins?

I've done it. Works fine. Bit harder to clean a cube afterwards though.

I got a different flavour profile than pellets, and while it's different it is certainly intense.

In my rather limited experience of a few batches, combining both pellets and the hop extracts like resin and lupuln2 gives better results than just using the extracts alone. I think that has more to do with how we are used to perceiving how the hops play with other flavours in a beer rather than the quality of the extracts (if that makes sense).

Hi Judanero,

I haven't heard of anyone doing that before.

If Beer smith is calculating 15 IBU's and your working that into your numbers it should be OK.

What AA% numbers does Beersmith have for the resins?

I just plugged in 40.2%AA, and used 20 min steep as the time frame/ temp..

I ended up just doing it (adding 1mL that is) and it smelt incredible, if the Citra and Simcoe LupiLN2 is anything to go by I can't wait to dry hop this with some Cascade LN2 as well!

I've done it. Works fine. Bit harder to clean a cube afterwards though.

I got a different flavour profile than pellets, and while it's different it is certainly intense.

In my rather limited experience of a few batches, combining both pellets and the hop extracts like resin and lupuln2 gives better results than just using the extracts alone. I think that has more to do with how we are used to perceiving how the hops play with other flavours in a beer rather than the quality of the extracts (if that makes sense).

Thanks mate that's good to know, I had read something similar on the web somewhere with regards to still using some hops (either pellet or flowers) in conjunction with resin or lupulin extract for just that reason.
Always good to get some first hand experience in too!

Fresh Saaz just packed. Alpha change from 2.9 to 4.4%

One pack left of Rakau and Tradition.

Love Rakau, I did an NZ pale with it, NZ Cascade and Wai Iti which was amazing, 45IBU (it was back a while now)

%50 Pale malt
%30 Pilsner
%18 Wheat
%2 Acidulated

Cascade for bittering to 30 IBU and Rakau Wai Iti even to make up to the 45 in late additions

Remeber it fondly and didnt last long

Latest posts

Back