Brewman Dealz

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Steve, got my order yesterday, fairly quick to Tassie! Brewing with the LupuLN this weekend, should be fun, thanks for your outstanding customer service! Cheers!

Mine only arrived this morning, and I live only 45 minutes from Brewman.
The aroma is amazing, looking forward to using this in my next brew. Should go well late with my usual APA hops of Chinook and Cascade.

Mine only arrived this morning, and I live only 45 minutes from Brewman.
The aroma is amazing, looking forward to using this in my next brew. Should go well late with my usual APA hops of Chinook and Cascade.
i was thinking the flex(67aa %) that i had at around 30 minutes and some of these in the cube

There is a some variability on delivery times for the LupuLN. If the order was big enough it went fastway and they get delivered quickly in most areas.

For up to a few packs of the product they went Auspost in envelopes. But they should not be too far away.

Hi Fungrel,

Yeah there have been quite a few guys use it now and the feedback has been positive. Great clean hop flavour and reduced waste due to no hop matter.

It is also producing balanced beers so the usage rates are right, which just goes to show how potent this stuff is.

I can't wait to get the Amarillo resin
I have both simcoe and cascade resin. Just wondering what colour cap the simcoe is? Purple?
Also how do you calculate bitterness with this stuff?

Thanks

I have both simcoe and cascade resin. Just wondering what colour cap the simcoe is? Purple?
Also how do you calculate bitterness with this stuff?

Thanks

The Purple is Simcoe
The Green is Cascade

Calculation (60 minute boil) Also if you log on to BrewBuilder you can model your beers in there using the resins.

Using Hop resins.

Calculation:
ml of resin needed =

[(IBU of beer) x (Volume of kettle at knock out) / 35] / [(Alpha acid of the resin / 10)]

Example:
To bitter a pale ale to 50 IBU's for 25 litres.
Calculation is
[(50 x 25)/35] / [(61.4/10)]

= 5.78ml Resin Say 6ml.

Notes:
IBU of beer. In Units of IBU, e.g. 50 IBU. This is what the resin addition will add, so if you have other hop additions take them away from this number. (e.g IPA 50 IBU)
Utilisation. The resins have a quoted utilisation of 35%. It's very high compared to T90 Pellets. (Value from manufacturer is 35)
Alpha acid of the resin. For Simcoe it is 61.4%

Cheers Steve

Hope you've got enough. Can we pre-order?
Should be OK this time, I am not splitting these with any breweries.

I would rather not take pre-orders. I'll keep you posted on this forum. I expect it to be available first week October.

If anyone is interested in the products by all means post here, that way I may know if I would stock out and get more coming, but I won't take the list allocation "list" like the first lot which was limited to 2.5Kg and we really had to keep track of who the product was for.

Awesome, I expect I'll probably get some more, will see how brew day goes tomorrow with the Citra LupuLN! :D

More LupuLN is on the way.
Citra
Cascade
Mosaic
Simcoe

Also an addition to the resin range with Mosaic resin.

Expecting these to be available week one of October.
what is the alpha acid of each of the LupulN

The alpha acids aren't known until I get the packs. I'll ad that info to the products on the website.

On the Mt Hood it hasn't been available locally for some time. I'll have a look around and see if there is any available now or from the upcoming 2017 crop.

Just finishing off the packing of the recent LupuLN delivery.

These will be available on Dealz once I get them on the website, should be tonight.

50g packs.

Note when I say pellet, they are very soft pellets, almost powdery.

The Powder is definitely powder.

Cascade - pellet
Mosaic - powder
Citra - pellet
Simcoe. - powder

Alpha's vary quite a bit, details will be on the website. These are sticky like nothing else, and are all very aromatic.

I know a lot of brewers missed out on the last lot so these are at the same price as the first lot $10 until end next week or until these sell out.

Also coming very soon will be Mosaic resin. (I just need more syringes to pack the stuff)

Cheers Steve

Back