Brewiser Pilsner And Wheat Kits

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnno

It's YUMMY
Reaction score
Has anyone tried these and what do you think of them. The local Coles has them a a "discontinued" line and thy are only $7 each.

cheers

I've done a Brewiser 'Extra Body' wheat beer kit with a kilo of wheat LME, WLP300 and Hallertau. It's not a bad beer for a kit, but far too dark for a hefeweizen, it's almost amber ale-esqe, both in colour and flavour. I don't know what proportion of wheat malt is in the kit, but I don't think it's very much. If you're after hefeweizen character then this will disappoint. :( If you're after an easy-drinking 'lawnmower' beer, then it's decent value. :)

I haven't tried the pils, sorry.

Soon after I got the coopers starter kit, I made a brewiser wheat kit (it was the most exotic thing Coles had on offer). I presume I just did it as a kit and kilo dump kit. But it was the wordt brew I had, or have since made.

Now that could be for a variety of reasons, all I remember now is I turfed it - well, I turfed about half of it - it takes a while to convince some Scotsmen that something isn't drinkable.

How old are the kits Johnno?

i habd a bw aussie draft it was crap and i got it cheap

wee stu,
I had alook on the bottom of the can and they have a "Packed On Date" Sticker on them. Not a Use by date. They are very dusty and have probably been sitting in Coles for ages.
Hopefully none of the yuppies that live around here will buy them and Coles will discount them even further.
Maybe do a quick 2 can brew if I can get them any cheaper.

Jazman, I put on a Brewiser Aussie Ale once with a propogated Coopers yeast and it was pretty good. FOr me anyway as it was only the fourth or fifth brew i had done by then.

cheers

Back