Brewiser Pacific Draught

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cognosis

Reaction score
Well the time has come to start up another brew with my mate, and we're looking at using the can of Brewiser Pacific Draught that came with the brewing kit, for shits and giggles. I reckon it looks dodgy, but more beer is more beer!

Has anybody tried brewing this before? What kind of results did you get?

Any information/tips will be greatly appreciated

Cognosis

I haven't brewed this kit before. Then, again, until I brewed a new kit for the first time, I didn't have a clue how it would taste. I just brewed and found out what resulted.

My recomendation, is to just brew the brew, using either dextrose or malt (or blends thereof) and see what surprises you. Do not use table sugar!!!!

stephen

Well the time has come to start up another brew with my mate, and we're looking at using the can of Brewiser Pacific Draught that came with the brewing kit, for shits and giggles. I reckon it looks dodgy, but more beer is more beer!

G'day Cognosis - welcome to the forum...
I have a confession to make....I'm a big fan of this kit! When I did kit and kilos and partial beers, I always tossed in a can of this into my standard house pale ale. It's pretty rough with just dextrose, so I strongly recommend you add some steeped crystal malt and a teabag of hops to help it along, but when I used it as 30% of the recipe in a partial mash along with some IMC ale malt and light crystal, it turned out very nicely - so good that an experienced judge tasted my last batch of this and couldn't detect the kit at all!

It's a goodun IMHO...
Cheers,
TL

Thanks for the replies guys.

Trough Lolly: we've got some hops (I think they're amarillo, but I'll need to check) spare in a ziplock bag, so we might just dry hop it.

What kind of dextrose/malt mix should we use, and would either of the coopers brew enhancers have a similar mixture?

I highly recommend their pils. Their lager yeast is first class, works very well in the cold, and the kit is beautifully hopped. I didn't have much luck with the Aussie lager kit, and you are on your own with the draught as I haven't tried it yet. Please feed back at the 4 week and 3 month interval on that one.

Cheers,

KIR.

G'day Cognosis - welcome to the forum...
I have a confession to make....I'm a big fan of this kit! When I did kit and kilos and partial beers, I always tossed in a can of this into my standard house pale ale. It's pretty rough with just dextrose, so I strongly recommend you add some steeped crystal malt and a teabag of hops to help it along, but when I used it as 30% of the recipe in a partial mash along with some IMC ale malt and light crystal, it turned out very nicely - so good that an experienced judge tasted my last batch of this and couldn't detect the kit at all!

It's a goodun IMHO...
Cheers,
TL

Cmon TL... FESS(Pun intended) up with the recipe!!

Festa.

:super:

I bought a tin of their wheat Beer. and the Brew Booster.

It was very cheap like $9 for the can and $3.00 for the booster from BigW.

Shall see how it turns out for a cheap drink. Thought of adding some Mango Essance in the brew but will just use some syrup once brewed in each glass just incase it tastes Sh*t

Well it turns out mate's mum put our hops in a 'safe place', and we can't find the bloody things. So it looks like we're off to the brew shop to get some more, and some other stuff.

What hops/yeast/sugar would you guys suggest we grab for this kit?

Cascade goes good with just about anything.

Or for a draught just Pride of Ringwood.

Latest posts

Back