Brewing supplies Adelaide Hills

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NuggetSA

Reaction score
Hey,
Any fellow Adelaide Hillians got any advice on where to get brewing gear (extracts, fermentables etc) in the Hills? Failing that an online shop that is pretty quick and well priced?

I have been getting some stuff from Brewcraft but not overly happy with the results vs price (partly me). Don't get down to the city often so looking local.

Cheers!

Near Barker...

Is that BrewAdelaide place alright? I've seen it before but thought it looked a little dodgy? More than happy to be wrong he has some nice stuff.

Nige @ BrewAdelaide delivers for free on Fridays in the metro area. I work in town so I get deliveries to my work for myself (Mt Torrens) and another fellow hillbilly (Nairne). Sign up over on the BA forum and you'll find a few more hills dwelling brewers. Depending on how often you order I may be able to drop gear off to you as I am already going to the Mt Barker exit. Just need to time your orders so they coincide with mine and Robbos (Nairne). PM me over on BrewAdelaide.

No HB supplies in the hills since the Grumpys HB section shut up shop. I used to drop in their at least weekly for HB goodies and a pint and a chat with Voosher.

Never ordered from him as I'm not local but he has a good reputation among those who have. Used to be a regular contributor here and I've never heard a bad word said against him.

If your place is too far out the way for DrSmurto, I am happy for you him to drop your gear at my place then you can collect when it suits.

Cheers

Robbo

Sweet, my missus works in town so can probably get it dropped in to her but thanks heaps guys. His prices are a good couple of bucks lower than brewcraft for the same stuff as well so I'm chuffed :)

I used to frequent Grumpies as well when I first started out - their Boston Cream kit was a bloody pearler. When they started winding down I went to kit n' kilo which was a slippery slope to crap beer...

You'll probably find his quality and knowledge of brewing and product superior to Brewcraft as well.

manticle said:
You'll probably find his quality and knowledge of brewing and product superior to Brewcraft as well.
Agreed and confirmed.

Another Hills Brewer here, confirming Brew Adelaide stocks pretty much everything you need ingredient wise for brewing.

I think BrewAdelaide is great value for money.
I get all my stuff from them now and the guy I emailed (Nigel I think) was extremely helpful with his time and advice.

AD

You'll probably find joining the BA forums to be pretty beneficial too, if you want to engage in the social side of brewing (case swaps, monthly brewing club, etc, etc). Not to mention the bulk buys (often organised by Nige), excellent advice and general awesomeness of the other Adelaide brewers there.

Might want to check this one at as well beerbelly.com.au They've got a bigger range and a lot of the stuff is fresher/better priced/more for the same price. just noticed their website has got better than the old one they used to have too. they use couriers to deliver so can get it sent to your house or pick it up from their shop. Amandas pretty helpful too.

have bought from both suppliers and both are goodo,ahh the good old days with Grumpy's Boston Cream Ale.....cheers...spog...

MaltyHops said:
Wow! Talk about lurking quietly away!
Don't like to post (more reading for advice occasionaly) but got some good advice with a recent order that saved a 50lt brew so thought i owed it to them to help out. :D

As far as I'm aware, beerbelly is exclusively AG which may not be what the OP is after.

Latest posts

Back