Brewing Software

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercs Own

blabla
Reaction score
What is the go for brewing software to help calculate all the ins and outs of recipe devlopment, adjustments etc?

Which one is most popular amongst you guys and what one works best for Aus.?

ProMash is good, but I'll need a bit of experience to run it. I see they have a tut on their website.

I just ordered a license over the weekend. I love new toys :)

Regards,
Phil

promash and beersmith are probably the two most popular at least for users on this site. both will allow you to download a trial version. from what i have seen, there is a big difference in the user interface, imo, but both are also easy to use and offer lots of features. i actually thought beersmith "looked" better, but i bought the full version of promash. go figure??
joe

Mercs Own said:
What is the go for brewing software to help calculate all the ins and outs of recipe devlopment, adjustments etc?

Which one is most popular amongst you guys and what one works best for Aus.?
[post="70604"][/post]​

I use strangebrew which isn't as popular as promash or beersmith but I find that it does me well and the developer is always willing to listen to suggestions for improvements.

Cheers
Dave

The dude from ProMash is from a computer programing AND pro brewing background.

Thats what swayed me, and i could honestly say ' i wouldnt brew without it'
whew', no affiliation............ :beerbang:

I'm sensing an upcoming poll? Or has this one been done already? :unsure:

Warren -

I use Homebrew Kit Master.
It is for the very basic brewers mainly used for record keeping when using kits, it's very simple but good.

i had a look at both the evaluation version and thought beersmith looked a little better. I liked how it could convert your recipe from AG to Partial.

I am not sure which program transfers to large format brewing the best. Maybe some of the micro people that are out there may like to comment.

Promash for me.

pint of lager said:
I am not sure which program transfers to large format brewing the best. Maybe some of the micro people that are out there may like to comment.

Promash for me.
[post="70660"][/post]​

I think the Grumpsters use Promash. Do they count as large format brewing?

Beersmith

Your not a true brew till you own Beersmith

Batz :ph34r:

Looks like Beersmith is winnning. Does it convert over to metric easily?

Pro mash kiks ass, a heap load better than BS

It is so easy to use, Im a dunb ass chef and i can work it, i remember thinking when BS came out it was another rip off of strange brewers programme

beersmith for me - I like it, easy to use, converts dodgey units to metric, etc etc etc

I tried both - found I could use beersmith straight away, didn't get promash. Thats just me.

M

last word.......beersmith

yes you can have either metric or imperial depending on wether you have a usa or aust film gig on the cards.gotta keep the brewing up paul no mater where you are. ;)
beer room dancing on the cards

cheers
big d

Back