Brewing Software For Macintosh

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deebee

The Bludgeon Brewery
Reaction score
Does anyone run brewing software on their Mac? What works easiest with the least stuffing around?

I don't use a Mac but I'd imagine anything that was spreadsheet based would be the easiest. Otherwise you are going to have to use online tools like Beertools.com or use Virtual PC to run Promash/Beersmith.

Doc

Thanks Doc. Chiller has suggested that if I have a pc emulator (and it seems I do) then Beersmith will work well. Will give it a go.

There's an older program for OS 9 and below called BeerMeister. I haven't checked it out, but I dont think it's very good.

Umm, yeah.

deebee said:
Does anyone run brewing software on their Mac? What works easiest with the least stuffing around?
Assuming you're running OSX and you're familiar with X11 and unix then it's possible to get qbrew running.

You can download the source from http://www.usermode.org/code.html but you also need to install some libraries for Qt (I used fink - fink.sourceforge.net). If you get stuck on the install PM me and I'll try to remember what I did to get it happening.

mycle.

Back