Brewing Rigs Ready Made

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2much2spend

Reaction score
just wanted to get some ideas if anyone like or had some good experiences with brew
rigs you can 'buy off the shelf' like beerbelly, MoreBeer BrewSculptures, blichmann.
im not interested in breaumeister (takes the fun out of brewing).

let us know, even pics if you got them. :icon_drunk: :chug:

just wanted to get some ideas if anyone like or had some good experiences with brew
rigs you can 'buy off the shelf' like beerbelly, MoreBeer BrewSculptures, blichmann.

How does it take the fun out of brewing?

I agree about the breaumeister and even if I did have one I reckon I would be manually checking temps just to be sure and still having as much interaction as my 3V system anyway. :lol:

I agree about the breaumeister and even if I did have one I reckon I would be manually checking temps just to be sure and still having as much interaction as my 3V system anyway. :lol:
I use to have a 3v system, you still mash in on the braumeister, and you still sparge. I think it's still fun to brew.

I use to have a 3v system, you still mash in on the braumeister, and you still sparge. I think it's still fun to brew.

and still have to clean it, the other fun part of brewday we all enjoy

:beer:

I think it always gives you a little more satisfaction also when you brew with something you made and personalised yourself.

ok then it fun on the breaumaster, but the only thing im looking at for automation
is a march pump.

If you can't drill a hole or do up a nut.. and need a pre built rig, maybe look second hand or you will pay about 60% more than what it is worth, IMO.

Good luck.

honestly I don't have any experience with commercial rigs, but Ross and some other vendors will certainly have experience, maybe ask them?

Just my $0.02, it doesnt matter what gear you have, the fun is only taken out of brewing when *you* stop enjoying it, and only in exceptional circumstances could you blame your equipment for that. If you think you will gain enjoyment by building your own rig, then that's cool. But keep your eyes on the prize - you want a great beer at the end of the day - and that can be done from a pillowcase or highly automated professional gear, or anything inbetween.

FWIW, I would split your decisions in two - do you have the skills/want to build your rig, and make great beer from it - or - do you just want to brew great beers? Have a hard think about that one, because in my (granted limited) observations, brewers spend far more labour and often money (hidden cost!) on their rigs to achieve something comparable to a commercial product they could've bought to begin with. But, that changes depending on accessability of materials and skills.

At the end of the day, whether you wired it up yourself or not, a vessel is a vessel, its what you put in it that counts.

I haven't done a single piece of fabrication so i suppose my system is 'ready made'. I use a pot, a mongolian burner, a premade bag from craftbrewer, a silicone hose and some bricks i found. Less than $500 and makes a pretty tasty drop to boot.

The Blichmann Top Tier stand is pretty good, you just have to shop around for a good price to get it shipped in. Keep in mind excise duty whilst you do that. If you go with the gas option you'll also need a medium pressure gas regulator, Beer Belly use to sell them, I don't know if they still do. And you will need a to get a connector bit machined to hook up the american standard gauge to the aussie standard gas connectors.

Just go down to bunnings and check out the shelving/storage area. They have stacks of different options there to make a brew rig. It will easy to come up with something if its a single tier brewery.

Latest posts

Back