Brewing Parter Wanted

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_Civ

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a brewing partner and have have absolutely everything ready to go. I'm located in Brunswick West, Victoria.

My setup consists of includes:

Cheeky Peak Brewery 3 vessel RIMS kit
70L HLT - Gas burner incorporated into the frame and electrical element inside the pot
70L Mash Tun - RIMS, Blichmanm Auto Sparge
85L boil kettle - Whirlpool, heat exchange coil
65 L conical fermenter
Temperature controller Fermentation chamber
Yeast prorogation equipment including stir plate
Bottling equipment
Cleaning equipment
The list is endless..

I have converted my garage into a fully functional pilot brewery - epoxy floor, food grade grade sink, tap ware (all tempered) and overhead shelving additional power, lighting, safety equipment etc.

This brew kit is fit enough to pump out two consecutive brews with ease.

I'm looking for someone who has a passion for beer, keen to start a business, creative, hungry for success and a brewer qualification will be looked favourably upon. My ultimate goal is to start a micro brewery moving out of my garage setup and into a small warehouse or pop up.

Initially I'll take care off all business, marketing and logistic related items whilst you'd look after producing the perfect brew. Saying that I do want to get my hands dirty, learn the craft and assist throughout the entire process.

A little about myself:

I come from a construction, commercial fitout and project management background. I love beer and have been interested in starting up a brewery of my own - I have visited approx 70 breweries now. When I get an idea in my head I cannot help but follow it through and pour all my energy into it. However I cannot do this by myself hence the reach out to you.

If you are interested:

Please write up a little spiel about yourself, your background, why this is the opportunity for you so I can assess before organising a meet and greet.

Cheers!

IMG_6014.JPG
IMG_6002.JPG
IMG_6004.JPG
IMG_6015.JPG
IMG_6013.JPG
IMG_5994.JPG
IMG_5992.JPGIMG_5997.JPG

bevan said:
Awesome looking set up! First question is what's your location? Can't see it on my phone if it's on your profile
Brunswick West (VIC).

I used to live on Newman st - if the small Asian grocer/bottleshop on corner of Melville rd and hope st is still there, they used to have an excellent selection of well priced beers, including Rochefort 10, Chimay and duvel.

Good luck OP.

www.brewermatch.com

:ph34r: :ph34r:

real nice looking setup

744740a43c972ee41c9c745f651dc54d.jpg

That's not me... but it serves as my application. Let me know if you need references.

:)

Good onya OP. Inspiring.

Matt_Civ said:
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a brewing partner and have have absolutely everything ready to go. I'm located in Brunswick West, Victoria.
assume all the approvals from fed and state are in place for producing commercially at a residential property?

*ed: very tidy setup regardless :icon_drool2:

Very nice set up indeed, however Yob has sparked my curiosity regarding laws/approvals etc around producing commercially from home?
anyone have an insight?

It can be done. White Lies (I think it's called) is an example in Brisbane. He started in his garage and then I believe he's just recently expanded into a commercial tap room.

_Mick_ said:
Very nice set up indeed, however Yob has sparked my curiosity regarding laws/approvals etc around producing commercially from home?
anyone have an insight?
I called the ATO 18 months ago. A couple of quick things

- All brewing ingredients under inventory and records of use kept.
- Brewery to be on it's own premisis (ideally) but otherwise in its own lockable building
- Brewery may no longer be used for private purposes
- ATO needs to have access to brewery

Where there is a will there is a way..... And this bloke looks to have it in spades. Get up big fella. You won't need luck.

Looks like Bucket Brewery in Kempsey NSW have done the same thing, a couple of blokes kicked it off in their garage, they even have a canning machine jammed in there!

Do you do FIFO? if you do I will hand in my resignation tomorrow. :D

Yob said:
assume all the approvals from fed and state are in place for producing commercially at a residential property?

*ed: very tidy setup regardless :icon_drool2:
You forgot local council approval. Sometimes you can get away with it being defined as a home based business with some councils not needing development approval, but every local government is different.

I believe dainton did as well.. I'm not poo pooing the thing, just making sure everyone has the right information and it's all solid..

I'm pro the idea and love to see it.. Looks like a fantastic brewery and wish all the best, but folks wanting to get involved need to know it's backed and solid and all above board..

We've seen how this ends if it isn't right?

Back