Brewing On The Today Show!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trough Lolly

"Drink, Feck, Arse, Girls"!
Reaction score
Did any other poor ******* that had to work today see the segment on brewing on the Today Show (Ch 9.) this morning? The segment was run at about 6:50am and featured a micro near Canberra (Ruby Red beers I think) and the Mountain Goat Brewery. I liked the shot of the missus labelling the bottles and stacking the cardboard boxes with beer with one hand and baby on the opposite hip - how very domestic :p

Good stuff - they all admitted that they couldn't price match the big megaswill breweries, but they pissed all over them for quality and "character"! ;)

There were some very sexy shots of lots of stainless steel - and had a few action shots of hop (pellets?!) by the scoopfull going into a large s/s boiler...I wish we had smellivision!

When asked why the brewery was called Mountain Goat Brewery - the brewer simply replied that he thought it was appropriate to name his brewery after a big hairy animal that doesn't fall over :p

Beautiful.

TL

missed that one. anytime a microbrew gets some exposure, i think its a good thing. what we need is more people knowing that better beers are out there.
joe

Doc,

Yes I did tape it - I have just picked up a video edit suite (Pinnacle) and will try to convert the VHS recording onto streaming video...

When I get time that is... the spot ran for about 5 mins I think.

Cheers,
TL

Fantastic TL.
Hope the conversion goes well.
Looking forward t seeing the segment.

Beers,
Doc

No probs - not sure how big the vid clip will be. I might have to attach and PM it to you if it's too big to go on this forum site.

Will see when I capture it.

TL

TL,

Did you manage to capture it ?

Beers,
Doc

Yes Doc, but I'm having problems with a fluky sound cable from the VCR - I hope to get a replacement cable soon! Picture quality isn't spectacular but the whole thing loses a lot without sound!

Cheers,

TL

Back