Brewing Marathon

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

punkin

Rarely Serious
Reaction score
A set of circumstances has come up and all the stars are in line for a brewing marathon for the punkin's brew Shed.

First due to holidays and work commitments i haven't been able to brew for a few weekends, add an infection that had me tipping out 4 kegs worth of Summer ale and a decision to switch to no chill.

Throw in my twelve new cubes and have it all align with a week off and not much to do and you have a brewathon.

Yesterday saw me do 4 cubes of Smurto's golden variation for my first no chill as well as crack the grain for todays 3 cubes of a Saaz Blonde that's in the mash tun now.

While i was waiting for the mash i've ground the grain for tommorows brew of 4 cubes of my Victory Brown.

That will have me pitching the blonde in a fermenter tommorow leaving me 4 empty cubes that i haven't decided what to do with yet.

300 litres in 4 days and loving it. B)

ShouldGetTheStocksBackUpPunkin

haha nice. I am starting to get my stocks back up with one kegged yesterday, 3 fermenting and 1 cube ready to go but might brew again in the next few days. Might as well make the most of having no work so when I do have work I still got cubes there to ferment and not worry when I can fit a brew day in

Nah, it's pretty plain, just one for sunday arvo's.

I'm loving this nochill. all knocked off by lunchtime B)

Nah, it's pretty plain, just one for sunday arvo's.

I'm loving this nochill. all knocked off by lunchtime B)

Your blonde looks the goods jyo. I'll be putting the three cubes in the fermenter in the morning :)

Still have to work out what to do for my last brew on fri. Was thinking i don't have anything really hoppy and i don't have a wheat beer either.

May look for something light coloured and lightly hopped with a stack of wheat and rye in it. B)

**** brewing. too good a day.

i'm taking the harley for a spin, the beer will wait till tommorow :lol:

Just finished the marathon.

84l of Smurtos golden monday
64l of Jyo's Saaz blonde Tuesday
day off wed
84l of my Victory Brown thursday
84l of jamiels Evil twin latehop only this morning friday.

i'm loving this cubing. I unlocked the shed at 5:10am and just finnished cleaning up and locked it after me at 8:55am. :D

Got to love no chill for the convenience factor. Not only it saves time, but you can easily stockpile.

Good effort!

Latest posts

Back