Brewing in Thailand

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jogden

Reaction score
G'day,
Just set up to brew my lager and cider in Thailand. I'm going the simple way for now with a can and dextrose. OK the question I have for some of the gurus here is this one... How much sugar/carbonation product goes into a 330ml, 500ml & 630ml bottle that they use here? I've asked a few mates and got answers like... use 'about this much'. A German mate laughed at me and hung up the phone when I mentioned using a teaspoon the measure sugar.
The next step for me will be to buy a fridge and have it set at a constant brew temperature, I can get that done here no worries.

Regards

John.

The filter will remove some chlorine and Chloramines which will be better for fermentation. After you have tried it, then look to use pure rain water and build the minerals back by adding salts as required. Its complex but worth it as your water is 95% of the final beer.

To understand water google Brun' Water and download the free excel worksheet and information guide.

What's the availability of gear and ingredients like in thailand, would think the homebrew market to be pretty non-existent over there?

aster1 said:
What's the availability of gear and ingredients like in thailand, would think the homebrew market to be pretty non-existent over there?
G'day aster1, it's getting bigger. Admittedly most is made the long way, ie trendy new shops are setting up and are quite popular and also some hard core expats are brewing from scratch, a German mate has just flown back there to pick up some supplies that he's told me that aren't available here as fresh as he wants (He wont drink anything another mate does, funny as the look of disgust on his dial when offered some cider but we will empty one of his kegs in an arvo session). The Thai law is a bit ambiguous with home brew to drink or sell. But for me at the moment using the tins I have to get them from Aus as I haven't been able to find a local supplier.

If you want to add priming sugar to each bottle then get yourself a 3 way priming scoop or just use the calculator and bulk prime, saves a hell of a lot of work !
( you can find priming scoops in homebrew stores or on eBay )

Back