Brewing DIY Dog DPC with my Brewie+

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisluki

Reaction score
I have been wanting to brew one of the BrewDog DIY Dog recipes for a while now, and finally I did. It's the Dead Pony Club, 3.8% WCIPA, so it's a great beer for me to brew for summertime at the shack. It's also an extra special day, double brew day with Brewie!!

Any of you guys had experience with the DIY Dog recipes?

Not sure if you guys have seen the Brewie in motion, but I show a bit of it in this video. if you have any questions about it, give me a yell,

Hey Beerhealer, always enjoy your vids! I've got the Brewdog hardcover book, haven't brewed anything out of there yet but gonna give some recipes a crack over summer when the beer drinking increases and the winter kegs are drained! How did the flavour/aroma of this one turn out? It's pretty dark for a session IPA, I wonder if it would be better to go against the recipe and use crystal 60 instead.. love the hop combo of simcoe and citra though!

Give us a yell if ever up in Lonny!

I have been wanting to brew one of the BrewDog DIY Dog recipes for a while now, and finally I did. It's the Dead Pony Club, 3.8% WCIPA, so it's a great beer for me to brew for summertime at the shack. It's also an extra special day, double brew day with Brewie!!

Any of you guys had experience with the DIY Dog recipes?

Apologies if you addressed it in your video as I skimmed past some parts. What was your final alcohol percentage? When putting this recipe into BeerSmith it predicts a final gravity of 1.006 when mashing at 62oC and alcohol content of 4.5%.

I changed the mash temp to 68oC in BeerSmith to achieve the predicted final gravity and alcohol content of 3.8%. A week later and fermentation is now done and got the predicted 3.8%. Orginal gravity was 1.042 and final gravity of 1.014. Effectively 2 points higher on both ends to the DIY Dog recipe.

Keen to hear your thoughts I how it turned out for you? Thanks for the blog video as was looking for a good mid strength to get on tap!

Latest posts

Back