Brewing Classic Styles - Book

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3GumsBrewing

Reaction score
Hi All,

Listing to the latest Jamil podcast (German Pilsner) there was a ad for his new book which is coming out in November -
Brewing Classic Styles - Jamil Zainasheff, John Palmer

Anyone interested in getting it? I had a go at the online shop and turns out postage to Aus is a whopping $19 USD. Not to sure if this is reasonable or not! But if a few of us wanted to go in together it might make it a bit more viable.

Thought it might be good book to have in the collection, especially if you are going to have a crack at brewing all styles like I intend to- Brewing All Bjcp Styles

Cheers
DK
:super:

I was planning on getting that book DK. If we can get a few takers, I am up for a bulk buy to cut shipping costs.

talk to your local Dymocks
i got a copy of a new brew book basically as soon as it was released in the states
they may be able to pre-order a heap for you.

edit - they're also tipping Oz dollar to hit $0.85US lets go crazy!

Good find on the Amazon thing and hopefully it will be available in Aus bookstores too.

But for me personally... in this instance I prefer to support the authors and the BN rather than save a few bucks. Amazon shafts authors really badly from what I understand.

Not getting preachy or judging anyone else though. If you can get it cheaper through amazon or whoever, go for it. But if thats the way the bulk buy decides to head, please don't count me in after all.

TB

Good find on the Amazon thing and hopefully it will be available in Aus bookstores too.

But for me personally... in this instance I prefer to support the authors and the BN rather than save a few bucks. Amazon shafts authors really badly from what I understand.

Not getting preachy or judging anyone else though. If you can get it cheaper through amazon or whoever, go for it. But if thats the way the bulk buy decides to head, please don't count me in after all.

TB

Have you thought about what to get JZ to sign?

I am in

Batz

TB

Probably the BN most importantly IMO. That site would not be cheap to host, even in the USofA. A few dollars here or there from a book sale or two has gotta help the gentle art of brewing more than the same amount of money in Jeff Bezos' pocket...

Have you thought about what to get JZ to sign?

I'll probably just stick with a nice standard signature --- if he includes some of the grain substitution advice for non-American brewers that I asked him to include, thats personal enough for me.

Mind you he probably would have put it in anyway... but I will feel warm and fuzzy nonetheless.

Did anyone else notice that Jamil just won the Ninkasi award for the winingest brewer in the American national homebrewers comp. 3 golds and a bronze in the worlds biggest beer competition. The smart arse... :p

Did anyone else notice that Jamil just won the Ninkasi award for the winingest brewer in the American national homebrewers comp. 3 golds and a bronze in the worlds biggest beer competition. The smart arse... :p

Has anyone here tasted his beers?

I am reasonably sure he can brew a good drop nonetheless.

C&B
TDA

C&B
TDA

If his podcasts are anything to go by they'd all be deemed "biscuity" :lol: .

Used to like his styles programmes but now I've just come to the conclusion he's the kitchen sink beer champ. :blink:

Warren -

C&B
TDA

Well I haven't, but then again John Landy never beat me in a running race either. I still believe that he was fairly quick though :p :D

Back