Brewing Again

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

This may seem a little self indulgent, but I wanted to share a bit of my story with you. I was brewing (AG) for a couple of years in a rental place, not particularly suited but it did the job. Then the owner sold the place and I had to move on.

So we ended up in a tiny little place with nowhere that I could brew. Then the Brisbane floods hit, and my grains went mouldy.

I gave up. I packed up my gear, and was going to sell it off for a few cartons of megaswill. But a few of the guys here told me to put it aside, never give up, you never know, those sort of things. So I packed it up and kept it put aside.

In the next 12 months, I built a new house with all the things I wanted in a brew area but never had, but didn't get back to brewing.

Anyway, I didn't give it much thought until a few weeks ago when I was looking on my computer and saw my Aussie Home Brewer bookmark, and started trolling through the forum again.

And now I am sitting, sucking back a fantastic drop that puts most of the things I have been paying a fortune for for the last 18 months to shame (in my mind anyway!!).

Thanks to those who convinced me to stick at it, and to all those who are not brewing - Keep your gear! The brewing bug will bite again!!

Awesome news, Mattese! Welcome back to the game.

Welcome back :icon_cheers:

Welcome back, now that the bug has bit again and you have the space now. You might never leave.

ahhh, the brewing bug, its like malaria, at some point it comes back,

good brewing...

Welcome back. i wish i had never sold my old gear, i miss her, no matter how ugly she was

my father always wanted me to get back into brewing and regretted that i had to give it up to look after him. it wasn't long after his funeral that i found an old fermenter in his back shed. decided to grow my beard and brew again. won't ever look back.

Latest posts

Back