Brewin' Again

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobInPort

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I did the home brew thing for about 10 years when I lived in the USA - 1990's to 2000's. I got too busy and quit. Moved to back to Australia; kept saying I would start again - never did. My daughter worked at the Little Brewing Company in Port Macquarie and said she wanted to try making her own beer. Here we are a few hundred dollars later getting back into it.

I brew mostly extracts with some grains to give it a fresher flavour. I don't really have time for full grain mash right now. I have made a couple of brews: an American Pale Ale that needed about 2 months in the bottle to really get going - I think that was the last bottle of the batch :D. I also have an American Brown Ale sitting in the closet; my wife has already said I am making that one again!

I appreciate anyone with suggestions on online resources for ingredients - hardware. Port Macquarie doesn't really have the nececssary resources for grain, hops, and yeast or really anything too much more than pre-hopped extract brewing.

Off to start an Irish Red - it's pouring again; nothing else on the to do list for today but to make a brew.

Cheers,
Rob

Yob said:
A good thing to do on miserable day.. Welcome back to the obsession..

Daughter that brews eh!! Photos?
She's on facebook, all you have to do is find her.

Thanks to manticle for the contact info and warra48 for the info - much appreciated!

Cheers,
Rob

Latest posts

Back