Brewferm Belgian Beer Kits

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wessmith

Reaction score
The Brewferm Belgian Beer kits are now available. (www.brewferm.be) Kreik, Frambois, Pils, Gold, Abbey, Ambiorix, Diabolo, Old Brown, Christmas, Grand Cru, Triple Tarwebier and Gallia from ESB in Sydney and Grain and Grape in Melbourne. They also have candy sugar to go with the kits.

Have a Tarwebier ready to put down myself.

Cheers, Wes

That's pretty exciting news in kit land. I haven't even heard on some of those styles, so how do you think the K&K crowd will react to them?

We will wait and see but judging from the enquiry we have been receiving off the Brewferm website, there seems to be a lot of interest. Each style is actually a dedicated wort that is fully hopped in the kettle and made from traditional Belgian specialty malts, spices and candy sugar before being hydrated. We have tried a few of the styles at various Brouwland (the parent of Brewferm) trade displays and at their headquarters in Beverlo in Belgium and think you will be impressed.

Wes

But dont they only make between 7 - 12 litres only(pending on style kit) and cost (retail) up to $32 for one can????

Thanks Malt Shovel kits for starting the trend

Gidday Linz,

Dont know where the $32 comes from - I thought they were retailing at $24.50 a can for all but the 2 fruit beers (Kreik and Framboise) which are more expensive due to the REAL fruit juice in the wort. Final volumes of beer depend on the finishing alcohol - you can only get so much from a 1.5kg extract of wort and some candy sugar.

I have attached a pdf that gives the makeup and final volume/alcohol of each of the kits.

WesView attachment Brewferm_Instructions.pdf

I bought one on Saturday and was going to put it down tonight, but I want to know a little more about the yeast. I got the Abdij (Dark Abbey). I am thinking of using the WLP550 with it, any thoughts?
As it only makes 9 litres I will use a converted old Wort Kit container as a fermentor. When bottled, I will pitch the slurry into an all grain attempt at a similar beer.

The Kit was $25 & the Candy Sugar was $5 for 500g.

$30 for 9 litres of beer is a rip-off, but in 12 weeks time when I try it I will have forgotten the expense!
James

But dont they only make between 7 - 12 litres only(pending on style kit) and cost (retail) up to $32 for one can????

Thanks Malt Shovel kits for starting the trend

These kits were around long before Malt Shovel were around.

Unfortunately they died a slow death last time they were in Australia, but there wasn't anywhere near the interest in Belgian beer like there is now.

I got given a Kreik & a Christmas beer about 6 years ago which were pretty much the last of those stock ... i gave them away but the guys who did brew them seem to like them ... especially the fact that they were free!!! :D

Gday all
There has been a lot of interest in the BrewFerm can kits, which is hardly surprising as Belgian beers are very popular now in Australia with Belgian Beer cafe's popping up everywhere and most bottle shops carry a few Belgian's such as Leffe or Chimay. The Kreik & Framboise will be in stock this Friday, at $44 each they are probably the most expensive can kits on the market, but then a round of Belgian beers has never been a cheap shout!
Cheers
Gerard

www.ndbrewing.com.au

Latest posts

Back