Brewery Pictures

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great work Sean, a dedicated brewing area. Would love to be that organised.

But how the hell does it stay so clean mate? :blink:

C&B
TDA

Damn that's clean. I have a whole room for my brewing, and it's a bloody mess.

I'd also be interested in your recipe for your low alcohol beer, i really struggle to make nice beers under 4%, they all taste watery.

Like the Cotleigh signs outside mate.

I tried their "Red Nose Reinbeer" on gravity at a beer festival late last year, not a bad drop :)

kook said:
Like the Cotleigh signs outside mate.

I tried their "Red Nose Reinbeer" on gravity at a beer festival late last year, not a bad drop :)
Has Cotleight brewed anything that's not been good?

Harrier is my personal favourite - would love to get hold of some of their yeast to try and duplicate it.

jgriffin said:
Damn that's clean. I have a whole room for my brewing, and it's a bloody mess.

I'd also be interested in your recipe for your low alcohol beer, i really struggle to make nice beers under 4%, they all taste watery.
Recipe as sent to VicBrew:

Dark Mild (3rd Place in Low Alcohol category)
Batch size: 32 litres in copper at 1.065, split into 2 lots and reduced to 1.032 with boiled water before fermentation

6.6 kg Fawcetts Pale Ale malt
500g Fawcetts Chocolate Malt
500g Crystal Malt (Joe Whites)
Mash at 65 C for 90 mins

Boiled for 90 mins
50g Goldings hop pellets start of boil
454g (one tin) Tate & Lyle Golden Syrup (start of boil)
28g Goldings plug hops last 5 mins
0.5 tablets Irish moss last 5 mins

Pitched with wyeast Thames Valley from previous brew
Fermented at 18-20 C for 8 days.
Racked into keg.
Bottled from keg with counter pressure filler 2 months after racking, 2 weeks before competition.
OG: 1032
FG: 1010

Very pleased with the result, which I would describe as half way between Hook Norton Mild and Bateman's Dark Mild in flavour, although closer to the latter in colour.

Nice brewing Shed... *Looks at pictures* someone must have easy access to Stainless Steel!! :D

Back