Brewery Pictures

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamboat

Fantasy Brewer
Reaction score
Surprised there wasn't a topic for this already, but lets see some of the breweries that are used by the brewers here....

Here is mine,
HLT on top - 25 litre urn
Mash Lauter on right - 30 litre urn
Boiler on the left - Keg

dreamboat

Brew2.JPG

dreamboat

Have a look in the gallery , some brewerys in there

batz is right, but anyway here my all plastic highrise version :D

brewery.JPG

Obviously you have a second bathroom or don't wash :p

You are either single or have a very understanding woman mate!!!!

I have a very understanding wife, even likes my brews :D

We live in unit so no shed etc.... After the brew is finished, I clean the bathroom.

I can't resist, here are a ferw pictures of my brewery in action.

Without the laptop and promash, my brews would be worse than they are :D

mashtime.JPG

After mt first brew having stuck sparges and runoffs I worked out that the false bottom needs a few supports. (a tip for anyone using the ESB stainless steel false bottom), under heat the false bottom buckles, closing the drain.

mashtunwater.JPG

These pics are from a double brew day, with the forum in mind I had the camera ready and mother nature dumped some hail for fun

hailstorm.JPG

Looks like a nice bit of scrounging there Dreamboat. How did you get onto two urns. I must have trawled the "for sales" and the swap meets for a year looking for those. Eventually I gave up and cut up a 200L water tank.

jleske
is that a electric element in your fermenter ??
I have just scored one and was was think of using the fermenter as a HLT and Boiler do you have any troubles heating in the fermenter eg melting or tap leaking any problems like that???

sintax

sintax69
is that a electric element in your fermenter ??

Yes it is. I use the wooden coat hanger to suspend the heater so it doesn't go near the sides of the container. The plastic taps seem fine. I use a 30 litre fermenter for boiling the wort. Eventually I'll get an SS boiler (grain mill, pump, conical, fridge ......) :D , but the fermenters as boilers works fine.

Here it is in action :chug:

boiling.JPG

One urn out of the trading post.
One urn off another brewer who had upsized to a 40 litre jobbie.

Now I have a 100 odd litre hot water cylinder that I have to find a use for....

dreamboat

Whoa, I feel really amatuerish with my coopers plastic fermenter. Looks like there are some nice setups around guys.

Never fear Morry.... I still use coopers plastic fermenters, and they do the job just fine.

dreamboat

Latest posts

Back