Brewery Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
hi all
this is to let those that have kegs from breweries and want to sell them in public .DONT.
a question was raised on the chat section a week or so ago about a bloke in adelaide who has apparently 50 litre kegs for sale with the story that its all legit.
i just got off the phone to the bro inlaw who works at westend and he asked the guys in the relevant dept about keg use by others.
was told it is very illegal and they will prosecute if you are caught and currently have one person in the courts at the moment.they adviced if you have kegs to keep your mouth shut and all will be ok.was also told if any company such as paramount are caught selling kegs then they will be prosecuted also.
so there ya go.

cheers
big d

Yes.

I have been telling prospective AG customers to forget looking for kegs and just buy a good, solid SS kettle with sandwich base. From Chef you can likely buy these for $140, only $90 more than what an (illegal) keg would cost and much better suited to the purpose.

You might be able to find ss 44gal drums, used to hold pharmaceutical-related products at salvage yards though I am not hopeful, still some seppos use these monster sized (55US gal) containers for kettle/HLT/Mashtun etc. Better have something good in the way of a mash paddle if so

Jovial Monk

Lucky I don't have any kegs , scarey shit this

Batz

Back