Brewery build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mash head

Reaction score
Ive started to build an area purposely for brewing. Sectioned off an end of my shed and painted the floor. I am sick of all the filth in my main shed being a mechanical workshop. Heres a pic of where I am at now for any one interested. Pic_0604_024.jpg

You sure your not making a micro brewery?? That is awesome. Keep us updated with progress pics.

I want a shed like that :ph34r:

Top effort :beerbang:

lovely, later this year i'll have a 3.5 X 7 portion of a shed solely for a brewery as well so i will be watching what you do very closely

Pic_0604_025.jpg
Pic_0605_026.jpg
Heres a big bum whacker mash paddle I made today
The area is 3 x 9 meters, I need to get a sparky in now and think about where to put all the plumbing, hot cold drains and recirc back to tank for running wort chiller then theres the gas. Then I can line it. I need to sort out some good ventilation too because I reckon you could fill a hot air balloon with the gas burner I just bought.
Below is some left over jarrah from building my house that I intend to turn into work benches
Pic_0605_027.jpg

greg simons said:
The area is 3 x 9 meters
So jealous - my whole shed is one third of that at 3 x 3...

The brewery shares that space with all the tools, paint tins, lawn mower, whipper snipper and all sorts of other junk.

At a guess - i would say dedicated brewing space is about 1.5 x 1.5.

You sir are a lucky lucky ******* - try brewing in a shoebox.

... used to have to get up out of the shoebox in the middle of the night, and lick the road clean with our tongues! We had to eat half a handful of freezing cold gravel, work twenty-four hours a day at mill for four pence every six years, and when we got home, our dad would slice us in two with a breadknife!

mine is an electric brewery, the 50L braumiester, i was looking at using a decent bathroom extractor from bunnings and a hood made from some sheet metal for steam extraction/ventilation. think that will fit the bill?

I think Its every brewers dream to have a nice big clean space to craft some magic.............. Im envious and proud of your efforts.

if you could concrete again would you have installed drainage into the floor?

I have some but its at the end where the coolroom is going. Drainage works just as well through the wall. Just makes the outside look less tidy.

Latest posts

Back